Chapter Fourty

Lando POV

"Lan?" I hear Kats voice says softly. I turn towards her as she tries to sit up.

"Baby, don't move," I say, stopping her.

"It was a bad crash," I nod.

"It was a bad crash," she hisses in pain as she moves over, patting the side for me to join her. I carefully get in, and her head rests on my shoulder.

"They said you can't race this season," she frowns.

"But it won't take me that long to recover," she speaks. "I should be back just after summer break,"

"Baby," she looks at me. "You can't race for another reason,"

"I don't understand? Are they trying to get me out," I shake my head, holding her face.

"No, they aren't,"

"Then what is it,"

"You're pregnant," her mouth falls agape.

"I'm pregnant?" She asks, and I nod smiling at her, showing that I wanted this. I was just hoping she also wanted it. "I'm going to be a mum,"

"You're going to be a mum," she smiles.

"Guess it makes sense me not driving this season," she laughs. "Are you happy?"

"I was shocked, but I'm happy I want this. I want a family with you,"

"I want a family with you too,"

"Good thing we have no choice then,"

"How far along am I?"

"I haven't asked. I wanted to tell you first," The nurse walks in just in time.

"Oh, you're awake," she smiles. "Has your husband told you the good news?" She nods. I could get used to the husband title.

"We were wondering how far along I am," she nods.

"I can do a scan if you'd like," we both nod eagerly. The nurse puts the jelly onto her stomach, carefully minding her scars.

"Looks like you are around three months pregnant," I smile, and so does Kat. "It looks like your due date is around August 4th,"

"Thank you," she nods and walks out after doing some checkups.

"Guess Santa gave us more than we asked for," Lando says, laughing.

"I even took the pill,"

"Guess he had other plans for us," I say, kissing her.

"Are you sure you're okay with this,"

"More than sure, I knew when I saw you playing with Mila that I wanted you to have my children,"

"You'll be a great dad,"

"And you'll be a great mum,"

"Guess we have to postpone the wedding,"

"We can still have our summer wedding,"

"After just giving birth, no chance I want to look good,"

"And you will no matter what," she looks at me. "How about a winter wedding?"

"A winter wedding,"

"In Italy,"

"You've already thought about this,"

"I have ill have to fill Max in on the details after he's out," she gasps.

"I forgot about Max,"

"How could you forget about me?" We look to the door and see Daniel wheeling him in.

"You aren't supposed to be out of bed,"

"I told him this, and he wouldn't listen," Daniel says. "I had no other choice to put him in here," he taps his shoudler.

"Ouch,"

"Shit, sorry,"

"How are you feeling," Max says

"Like a pole went through my stomach," Kat responds. "Oh wait, it did,"

"Has any news been given?"

"If you're trying to ask if I know about my pregnancy, then yes," she says, "Lando told me."

"You didn't know before the crash?"

"I had no clue,"

"How far along are you," Daniel asks, sitting down.

"We're three months," I say, turning to Max. "we're going to have to change our summer wedding to a winter one,"

"Oh, I love winter weddings," he claps "in Italy?"

"Lando was just saying that."

"I might have to get Kelly to bring the scrapbook,"

"The scrapbook?" I ask."He joked right," I say, turning to Kat, who shakes her head.

"Nope,"

"You're in hospital, "

"What else can I do in here? I may as well plan a wedding," he says."I can't race until after summer. Do you know how stupid that is,"

"You have to heal Max," I say.

"Well, I don't like the idea of not racing,"

"Try not racing for the season," Kat says.

"Can I live with you," Max asks.

"No," I joke

"Yes," Kat says, smacking me.

"I thought I would have to do more convincing,"

"Landos is going to be racing, and I have to recover at home. I can't be alone for that long and who else to spend time with then my best friend,"

"We can kick Lando out into the spare room, and we share,"

"No, you won't,"

"Why not?"

"She's my fiance,"

"She's my best friend,"

"You two are impossible," Daniel says, shaking his head.

"When you're away, I'll be sharing the bed,"

"As long as you keep your hands to yourself,"

"Can't promise that,"

"I hate you," I say.

"I love you too, baby,"