Chapter Twenty-Five

Zandvoort Grand Prix Week

Katherine POV

"Fuck!" I say hitting the well as I crash out at practice.

"Katherine, you okay?"

"I'm fine, Simon," the marshal's come and get me leading me back to the garage.

"Sorry about that, guys," my engineers shake their heads to say that it was alright.

"Stop acting like you know what's best for her," I hear Christian shout. I turn to Simon.

"What's going on?"

"Horner and your father are in there,"

"My father's here," I turn to the office

"Jenson stormed in her as soon as the cars hit the track going off about how he knows what's best for you, Christian wasn't happy, and that's where we are,"

I make my way over to the office and stand outside.

"She's my daughter, not yours,"

"Really because I think only one of us here has acted like a father towards her the past year,"

"You really think you're better than me, don't you?" My father says.

"I do, she belongs here but of she wanted to leave I would support that I'd even help her find the right fit for her that's how we're different you don't care about what's best for her you care about yourself and the money,"

"Red Bull isn't what's best for her,"

"Really? Then why has she shown that it is the best team for her? We know how she drives, how she thinks we make sure that the strategy is made for her, and we include her on all decisions, something you have never done,"

"Christian, I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of mine and Katherine's relationship," I sigh, shaking my head and opening the door.

"What relationship?" The two of them turn to look at me."we don't have a relationship anymore. You made sure of that" I walk closer "We've had this discussion your no longer my manager, you don't make decisions for me I'm a grown ass women I can make my own decisions,"

"You don't know what you're talking about,"

"Christian knows what's best for me, he has done nothing but help me, and if I'm being honest he's been a better father than you have and it kills me to say it but I don't even think I can call you dad anymore," I saw that it hurt him it hurt me to say it but it was true the only time he talks to me is to belittle my dreams.

"You once told me to fight for my dreams to make it happen because I'd get far, and that's what I'm doing, so please stop trying to ruin it for me.'

"I think it's time for you to leave," Christian says, my father turns to me them nods walking out.

"Katherine, I'm sorry if I overstepped,"

"You didn't he needed to hear it. I just hope he listens,"

~~~~~

"How's Mr Pole position doing,' I say, walking into Mclaren's garage. Lando smiles at me.

"Feeling good, feeling good," he says, wrapping his arms around me. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright. P9 isn't so bad I can still best your ass,"

"Well, I do like being behind you," he winks at me.

"You should get used to it,"

"I wouldn't complain," he leads me to his drivers room.

"I was your dad leaving your garage."

"He got into it with Christian then me, but it's sorted," he pulls me onto his lap.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine, i used to look up to that man, and now it's hard to even look at him,"

"He'll realise that he's in the wrong one day and that he's got to make up for lost time," I rest my head back on to him.

"I don't know. I think he's too far gone. He'll never support my decision, and it'll just make things hard,"

"Promise me that you're okay,' I smile.

"I promise,"

"Good because that's all I care about fuck what your dad thinks as long as your happy thats all that matters"

~~~~~~

"Daniel?" I ask the man sitting on the floor headphones on.

"Kate" he smiles opening his arm for me to join him.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine, just needed a breather," he takes his headphones off. "There's been rumours going round that Mercedes want you," I groan.

"I don't want them,"

"Oh, I know, Red Bull is your home,"

"Like it was once yours," he nods. "Have they been talking about it?"

"They have. I'm leaving the end of the season,"

"What? Why?"

"I've signed for Audi,"

"In place of George?" He nods.

"Mercedes are looking at you, but George is the second option,"

"I've already told them I didn't want the seat,"

"I don't think they'll stop trying until the end of the season. George has been told that you're the main focus as of now,"

"It's his seat they should just sign him and call it a day,"

"Don't let them get to you. The rumours will start flying around the paddock, then you know what other rumours will get made."

"I know I've already spoke to Christian about it,"

"Then that's all that matters,"