Chapter Two

Katherine POV

I sat with Claire, waiting for Lando and Marcus to arrive to go over all of the details of our "relationship." I wanted to stab myself in the eye.

The door opens, and the two walk in sitting across from us.

"Okay, are we ready?" Claire asks. I nod, and lando shrugs.

"We need to go over how you guys got together. What changed from last year's rivalry, all the small details,"

"We were thinking something around the line of Abu Dhabi," I laugh.

"You think that people will believe we got together then?"

"We were hoping,"

"No chance not with the way she was that weekend,"

"The way I was? You crashed into me at practice and then blamed it on me,"

"You were two slow. You were in my way,"

"Then overtake, is it really that hard?"

"Should ask yourself that question love, how many times did you fail to overtake me,"

"Enough," Claire yells. "You two need to start to get along or at least act like you do. We can't have this all the time,"

"She's right now shut up and listening," I huff, leaning back into my chair, Lando throwing daggers at me.

"Abu Dhabi, after party, you all went out to celebrate. Lando came over he apologised for how he had acted over the season," I laugh. "You two got to talking realised you have more in common than you think. He asked you to go to dinner with him the next day you agreed, and then from there, you hit it off," Claire finishes.

"You've been together over winter break keeping it on the down low," Marcus says. "The new season starts in 2 weeks. You two will be seen together before then get people taking articles written then at Bahrain you two will arrive together everyone will see rumours will start by Australia it will come out that you two are together," Marcus adds.

They look at us both, and we just nod

"Lando, you will pick Katherine up tomorrow afternoon from her London apartment. You have to act like a couple. Get people taking pictures of you hold hands, do what couple do, okay?"

"Got it," he speaks.

"Okay," I reply.

"That's all for now. If we need to add any more details, we'll let you both know. You can leave," I get up and begin to walk out the door he was close behind.

"I need your address,"

"You going to ask nicely?"

"Don't start," I turn on my heel to walk away.

"Please, can I have your address," I turn back around

"Huh, you do know how to say, please, how surprising,"

"I don't understand how everyone likes you, your a bitch,"

"Wow that really hurt," I say putting my hand to my heart.

I get a pen and paper from the table and write my address and number.

"What's this?" He asks.

"My number," he smirks at me.

"If you wanted my number so bad, all you had to do was ask," I roll my eyes at him

"I would rather not have your number, but we need to contact each other somehow,"

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow," he walks past me, shoving my shoulder slightly.

My phone rings. I take it out and see Max name pop up.

"Max,"

"Katie," I could hear the smile on his face. "How'd it go?"

"I think at this point I would rather lose my seat,"

"No chance, you're my favourite teammate. Just don't tell Daniel I said that I can't have another person working with me,"

"Lando norris is insuperable"

"He's not that bad,"

"I hate how you two are actually friends,"

"He's alright when you get to know him. I mean, yeah, he might be a bit of a dick at time, but he does have a big heart,"

"He has a heart? I wouldn't have guessed thought it might have been frozen," I say, pulling my keys out and hopping in my car.

"You two are exactly alike. You have the same stubborn attitude,"

"I'm nothing like him,"

"Fine your nicer, but you two do have more things in common than you'd like to admit you'll see,"

"I don't know how I'm going to do this."

"It only till the end of the season then your free his reputation will be fixed and you'll be a free woman,"

"I guess you're right. Hopefully, it goes by quick,"

"Time flies when you're having fun,"

"I think me and you have a different meaning to the word fun,"

"I'll let you go,"

"Speak soon," I say and hang up. I place my thing next to me and set off home.

I open my door, my golden retriever jumping up at me.

"Did you miss me," I say, putting his face in my hands as he licks me.

"Okay, okay, let's get you fed,"

Lando POV

"It not that bad. I mean, Katherine is nice," I frown at Oscars words.

"To you maybe,"

"You'll get to know each other more and might even become friends,"

"There's no chance we'll be friends,"

"You two can't hate each other forever. I mean, last season, you were both fighting for championship that all it was,"

"It's not all it was. I still can't believe people think I robbed it from her,"

"Is that what you're so hold up on? You won fair and square. You didn't even make contact with her that race,"

"Tell that to her fans and her. I bet she believes it too,"

"Well, I mean the number of times you both crashed into each other last seen I see why people think that,"

"That was mainly her fault,"

"You were both at fault, " he throws the towel at me.

"I can't wait to hear how your date goes,"

Somebody kill me