Chapter Twenty-Four

Zandvoort Grand Prix Week

Katherine POV

"Christian, I'm not interested in the seat,"

"I just had to make sure because if you were, you know that no matter your choice, I would support that," I smile at him.

"I know that's why I'm not interested. This is my team, and you're my team principal. Why would I want to change that,"

"I'll have a word with both your father and Toto," he brings me in for a hug "your not leaving us anytime soon,"

"Wouldn't dream of it,"

~~~~~

"Norris, what are you doing in my drivers room?"

"You weren't supposed to see me yet,"

"You are aware that this is my drivers room, right?"

"Yes, I am, but I thought your meeting with Christian would take a little longer," he sighs, "but since you're here now," he moves away, and I smile.

On the side was a bouquet of sunflowers and roses with some chocolates and a stuffed Teddy that looked like Zander.

"What's all this for?"

"Just a little something to remind you that I love you," he says, walking over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I love you too," I lean in a kiss him, which he deepens.

"As much as I would love for this to continue I sadly have media duties," he says removing himself from me "leave some chocolates for me," he kisses my cheek and disappears out the door.

"God, he's so in love with you," Max says, walking in, looking down at the display Lando had set up.

"It's weird," I laugh out.

"Weird?"

"I've never felt like this for someone before,"

"Maybe it's because he actually shoes you how much he loves you," he leans his arm on my head, "and he treats you right."

"He really does,"

~~~~~~

Lando POV

"Lando, nice to see you again,"

"You too,"

The questions on how I think my race will go,how I feel about this season, and so on get thrown at me.

"You don't have to answer this, but Katherine Button," I smile.

"You and her have been together for a while now. I was wondering how it was going dating someone who's in the running for the championship again. There's no need to answer if you don't want to,"

"My favourite questions are questions about her, so if you want answers out of me, just say her name, and you've got me," I laugh out, "but anyway yeah it's been going really well I couldn't be happier and I think that's the case for her too. We honestly don't talk about the championship outside of work it hasn't really put a strain on our relationship. I'd be happy if she won, and she'd be happy if I won,"

"I'm glad it's all going well. You two make a perfect couple,"

"Thank you," I say before leaving.

"Being in love really suits you," Oscar says as he catches up to me.

"You think,"

"Yeah, you smile a lot more,"

"I now have a reason, too,"

"Just make sure you don't fuck it up again,"

"Don't worry I'm not that stupid," I say "plus I didn't actually do anything but i probably should have told her as soon as it happened,"

"Well all is forgiven so no need to think about the past,"

~~~~~~

"Lando Norris," I turn seeing Christian making his way towards me.

"Christian," I greeted him, grabbing the back of my neck, making me walk with him.

"We need to have a little chat," he says. I nod and walk towards hospitality, and we take a seat.

"I know you wouldn't have got this of Jenson but somebody has to do it," he says taking a sip of his water "Katherine is like a daughter to me, I've seen her get hurt for to many times by not only boys but her father too," I nod letting him continue "I don't want to see her get hurt again and as much as I like you if you do anything that hurts her I will personally see to destroying your career," I nod rapidly "but you so make her happy I've not seen her smile like that in years now you can talk,"

"Thank you, I promise you that Katherine is my main priority. I won't do anything to hurt her. I have also met Jenson it didn't go well, but I wasn't too bothered he was talking to her like shit,"

"He was,was he?"

"I put him in his place. Don't worry about that. But I met the most important person in her life, and I promised to look after her and always be by her side, and that is what I intend to do,"

"You met Marie?"

"I did," he smiles.

"Katherine must trust you more than I thought," he says and smiles "I approve of you and I know you might think it doesn't mean anything because I'm not her father but it does,"

"I know your approval means more than Jensons," he nods. "Will you tell her you approve of me?"

"I'll see too it "