Chapter Twelve

Miami Grand Prix

Katherine POV

My qualifying has been shit the past few races I couldn't seem to get up to top 10. I sat with Simon going through my strategy for today.

"Your pace during races isn't an issue. We know you can get up there in no time," I nod."I say we do what you always do,"

"I'm fine with that,"

"Okay, right, gear up,"

~~~~~

Lap 13

"Simon, something doesn't feel right," I say as I turn on turn 12.

"Can you describe what it is? I'm not seeing anything pop up,"

"I don't know. I think it's the wheel it feels stiff,"

"Turn 13 is coming up Katherine can you continue, or should we pull you in?"

I didn't get a chance to reply. I lost the wheel and was flipped onto the gravel and into the wall.

Lando POV

"Red Flag,"

"Red flag?"

"Yeah, there's been a big crash turn 13," that was coming up.

"Who is it?" They didn't respond

"Will who the fuck is it?"

"It's Katherine," my heart sank turn 13 came into view and I see her car in the wall.

"Lando, why are you slowing down?"

"I need to see if she's okay,"

"Lando, don't get out of that car," I shake my head, putting my car in a complete stop. 

I get out of the car and run over to her.

"Kat," I shout. I see the marshal's making their way towards us.

"Kat, can you hear me," I climb over the wall to get better access to her "fuck Kat please say something,"

"Lando," I hear her say i let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, thank god," I felt like I could breathe again. "There coming for you,"

"Everything hurts," I hear her cry out.

"Mr Norris, you need to move out of the way,"

"Please just get her out of there," they nodded and pulled me away. I wasn't moving until I saw her.

I watch as they pull her out. I push past the marshal, rushing towards her.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asks me as I put her face in between my hands.

"What?"

"You're now out of the race," I shake my head.

"I don't care, I.. I needed to see if you were okay,"

"I'm okay,"

"It was a bad crash," I had a tear in my eye.

"Take off my helmet," I undo her helmet her face was cut. Her hand finds my helmet, and I help her get it off.

Her hand finds my cheek, and I lean into it.

"We should get you two off the track,"

"Give me a minute," she says.

"We should probably go," she shakes, her head leaning up kissing me. I pull her closer. I hear the fans screaming

"We need to go," I pull away she nods, and we make our way into the ambulance.

~~~~

Katherine POV

"Doctors said I'm okay to go," i say. Walking to Lando, he stands up and nods.

"Okay, let's go,"

"Are you sure you're okay," he asks as we walk through the halls of the hospital.

"Yeah, I'm just shaken up,"

"It was a bad crash. I didn't know what to expect when I came rushing to you,"

"Thank you for rushing to me,"

"No problem, even all bruised up, you still think of the cameras," I frown. "The kiss?"

"Lando," I turn to him. "I didn't kiss you because of the cameras,"

"You didn't,"

"I kissed you because I wanted to,"

"You did?"

"God, you're so dumb sometimes," I pull him in, kissing him again, which he returns. "I like you, Lando. I don't know how else you want me to tell you," he smiles.

"Thank fuck," he pulls me back in "I like you too,"

"You sure because I'm sure that you wanted those things you feel to go away," he shakes his head.

"No, I don't want you to go away," I smile he takes my hand. "Let's get you back to the hotel. You need some rest,"

"I mean, I think we could go to the after party,"

"No, we are going to the hotel ordering room service and watching a film," I smile. "Call it a date, but a private one, no cameras, just us,"

"Then it's a date,"

~~~~

"No, Harps, I'm fine. You go to the party," I say to her

"Are you sure I can stay? we can watch something," I shake my head.

"No, I'm okay. You go have fun, please,"

"Fine, don't have to tell me twice," I laugh as she leaves.

About 10 minutes later, there's another knock on the door.

"Hello gorgeous," he leans in, giving me a kiss and walks in.

"So, have you picked a film?"

"I have," he jumps onto the bed, flipping the channels over and switching on the film.

"Come on," he pats the spot next to him. I make my way over his arm, bringing me in.

"Should have guessed," I say, smiling as I see the film he chose.

"What Luca is a great film,"

"I'm not saying it isn't,"

"I'll order food in about an hour," I nod cuddling into him.