Chapter Nineteen

Spa Grand Prix Week

Katherine POV

"Max," I repeat, banging on his door.

"Jesus, women, are you dying?" I shove past him jumping on his bed.

"Lando told me he loved me," his mouth falls open, and then he jumps up and down, diving onto me.

"Oh, thank god I was struggling having two sets of divorced parents," he lifts up and looks at me. "Please tell me you said it back,"

"I said it back, but I also came here for help," he smiles at me.

"Is he taking you out? Because he said he had something planned but wouldn't tell me what,"

"He is he said dress nice, like, what does that even mean?"

"Come on, let's get to your room and show me options," he takes my hand, pulling me up off the bed.

"Luckily for me, I brought a few dresses," we make our way down to my room.

Max walks straight to the wardrobe, looking inside, shaking his head as he pulls out different outfit options.

"This one is perfect," he pulls out a tight black dress.

"I think you're in the wrong job," I say, standing up, taking it out of his hands "you should be my personal stylist instead of my teammate," I look him up and down "if only you had good fashion sense on yourself,"

"I like these pants,"

"Did you borrow them of charles?"

"No,"

"Oh my god, you did,"

"They are really comfy, and I didn't understand why nobody liked them on him. I think they're nice,"

"Will you help me do my hair?'

"I hate when you don't bring Harper with you,"

"Is that a no?"

"No, I'll do it. I'm just saying," he takes the curlers and motions for me to sit down.

"You've turned me into your personal slave if anyone found out I did this shit for you, my bad boy persona would be done."

"Bad boy persona,"

"You know what I mean now shut up and let me work," I laugh as he starts to curl my hair.

~~~~~~

"You really missed your calling,"

"If you tell anyone about this, I will crash into you,"

"Something tells me you're not joking," Max glares at me. "I promise I won't tell anyone," our head looks towards the door as there's a knock.

"You go," I say, pushing him towards the door.

"He's your date," he whispers, shouts, and pushes me towards the door.

"Don't push me," I slap his hands away from me.

"Don't slap me," he says. Lando knocks again.

"Open the fucking door," Max whisper shouts again I flip him of straightening my dress out making sure my hair looks nice "Kate you look great," I smile and then open the door.

"Wow," he says, eyes travelling over my body. "You look gorgeous," he leans in, kissing my cheek and hands me the flowers in his hand.

"How did you know sunflowers and roses where my favourite?" His eyes move to Max.

"Had some help,"

"I'll get going. Have fun. You two, not too much fun, though." He kisses my cheek, and fist bumps Lando then leaves.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks, holding his arm out. I nod, grabbing my purse, then taking his arm.

~~~~~

"Close your eyes," he says, helping me put the car. I close my eyes, then feel him more behind me hands on my eyes.

"Start walking straight," I do as he says he was carefully guiding me.

"Open," he whispers in my ear as he removes his hands. I open my eyes and gasps, turning to him.

"You did all this?"

"I was told I had to do something bug, and you're worth it,'I smile, kissing him.

Rose petals and lights guided us up to an isolated table looking out on the water.

"Wine?" He asks. I nod, and he pours a glass.

"You really didn't have to do all of this,"

"I did. I couldn't just give you a shirty apology,"

"It wasn't shit,"

"I thought it was, plus we haven't had a proper date,'

"Just fake ones,"

"Even if they were fake, they were real to me," I smile at him.

"They were real for me too," I turn to him."When did you get feelings for me?"

"I've always found you attractive, but I think I realised I had actually feelings for you when we were dancing in the rain. It's a side of you I've never seen. I went home that night and rang my mum asking how she knew she caught feelings for my dad."

"You rang your mum about me?" He nods.

"She's been asking to meet you. I had to tell her about the fake dating situation, but since the phone call, all she said was I needed to meet the girl who made my little boy believe in love,"

"I'll have to meet her one day,"

"I'd love that, but first I have to now ask you something," I nod.

"Will you be my girlfriend," I smile "for real this time,"

"Is Mr Lando Norris really asking me to be his girlfriend?"

"You have 5 seconds to answer before the offer goes,'he jokes.

"I'd love to," he smiles widely, then pulls me in for a kiss. "I actually have a girlfriend,'

"That you do," I smile back.