Chapter Thirty-Seven

Lando POV

I hold Kat close to me as we enter the building in front of us. I look around and finally spot the boys, making our way over to them.

"Hello Boys,' Kat greets, hugging them.

"You two have been quiet since Christmas," Arthur says, greeting us both.

"We have some news," Max head shoots to us.

"I swear if you're about to tell me what I think you are, I might hit you," He says, staring at me.

"Why, what's he going to say?" Charles asks. I pull Kat to me and take her hand she smiles up at me and nods.

"We're engaged," I say, holding up her left hand. The boys jump up.

"I always said you guys were perfect for each other," Charles says, hugging us both.

"Congratulations," the others say we turn to Max.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me,"

"I'm sorry, man." he stares at me and then breaks out into a huge smile, hugging us both. "I'm so happy,"

"What are you guys celebrating?" Kat turns, and I follow suit seeing Harper standing in front of us.

"Lando asked me to marry him," Harper screeches, jumping into Kats' arms.

"Oh my, Max, you have a wedding to plan,"

"I'm already on it. I have been since he told me he wanted to ask her," we all laugh.

"Now let's party," Daniel says, grabbing my shoulders.

"I didn't think at the start of this year I'd be ending it like this," I say into Kats ear.

"Neither did I,"

"I'm glad they made us fake date,"

"I wouldn't have had it any other way,"

The countdown started, and I pulled her close.

"Happy New Year, Mrs Norris to be,"

"Happy New Year, Mr Norris," I smile and smash our lips together.

~~~~~~~

We had kept the news about our engagement out of the media. The season was starting back up, and we decided to tell the media soon, but at this time, we were just enjoying it.

"Lando, nice to see you again," Julie the reporter says as I enter the media pen.

"Julie," I smile.

"How was the winter break? We saw plenty of pictures of you and Katherine,"

"Yeah, we had a really good winter break. Might be the best one I've had," I say, still smiling.

"I've not seen you smile like this only ever when we mention the Red Bull driver," I laugh.

"What can I say she's my favourite topic," Julie smiles at me and looks behind me.

"Speaking of your favourite topic," Katherine comes over, wrapping her arm around me. I kiss her cheek. "You two are the cutest,"

"Thank you, Julie," Kat says, smiling into the camera. I looked down, seeing the ring on her finger she didn't want to hide it anymore.

"Shall we let her in on it?" I ask her, and she nods, and we both turn to Julie.

"The start of the season, and you're going to get the most spoken about interview,"

"Oh, I am intrigued," I take Kats hand.

"Me and Katherine are engaged," Julie's squeals.

"Congratulations, you weren't wrong. This will be the most spoke about interview. You two once rival's are now in love and getting married what a love story that is," we thanks her and then exit the media pen.

Katherine POV

"Dad?" I ask as I enter the Red Bull garage.

"Katherine," he says, looking at me. I look around, and Christian smiles at me.

"What's going on?"

"I wanted to wish you luck on the race and also to congratulate you on the engagement,"

"Wish me luck?" He nods. I didn't think Lando actually got through to him. I thought he just said that to make me happy.

"I also came to apologise for my behaviour towards your racing career and yourself over the past few years. I know that it won't make up for anything, but I'm here to try," I nod."I want to be the father you deserve again,"

"You have a long way to go,"

"I know, but if you're willing to let me try,"

"I'm willing," he pulls me into a hug, and it's what I needed he hadn't hugged me in years, I missed it, and I missed him.

"That man of yours truly cares about you he put me in my place, which made me realise that I was holding onto a grudge thst didn't matter anymore and pushing the one person I care about away,"

"He has a way with words," I let out a laugh, pulling away seeing Christian make his way over to us.

"Jenson," he holds his hand out.

"Christian," my dad takes his hand in his and shakes it.

"Truce?" Christian nods

"Truce," I stand there smiling.

I think Lando deserves a little something tonight for making this happen.

"Never thought I'd see the day," I hear Max say, walking in. "You two actually look like you don't want to kill each other. "

"We've made a Truce,"

"A Truce?" They both nod "is that seriously all it took was a Truce,"

"And a Lando Norris," they say together.

"Well thank you Lando," Max says.