(14)

Madeline's POV:

Evie and I were putting pumpkins by the outside part of her caravan, when out of the big pumpkin pops out Ma Petite, "Boo!" She scared us both. She giggles and I do too, "You!" We smile at her, and I carefully pick her up to take her out of the big pumpkin.

-LATER-

Dot and Bette were on the stage, "You're 20 minutes late" Paul, Evie, Ma Petite and I showed up. Paul, "We decided it's a bad idea. You never know what could summon Mr. Mordrake."

Paul, "Even a rehearsal is risky business" Dot, "You carnies are so superstitious" I say, "And you're not?" Dot, "He's a myth" Elsa walks in, "I am the only myth around here."

I say to her, "They're not concerned about Mordrake" Paul, "I'm trying to tell..." Elsa, "Of course they're not. Simply a superstition. You two run along now." She tells the twins.

Elsa, "A clairvoyant has sworn to me that a very intelligent gentleman will be arriving very soon to reinvigorate my career." And right there, I saw Elsa as she truly is-she is a woman who only cares about herself.

She also believes the word of a fraud. I don't have a good feeling about Esmeralda, she is not who she says she is. Elsa, "So, I must rehearse some new material" Dot, "Well, you can rehearse when we're done. We're the headliners."

Elsa, "A bit of applause for a two-headed girl who sings a song, and you think you can push me out?" Dot, "We should probably discuss our salary since we are now the star attraction."

Elsa shouts, "How dare you? I have been the star for decades now! You are nothing. Nothing but a two-headed freak. Stumbling around the stage, speaking out a crummy tune."

Elsa, "Go back to your tent and stay there, or I will take you into the swamp and leave you there." The girls leave per Elsa's request. Elsa tosses their song sheet aside- as Paul, Evie, Ma Petite and I stand there.

I don't look at her, "What are you staring at? Hmm." I leave after that, as I hand Ma Petite to Evie, who takes her. I knew right on from then, that there is going to be a disaster happening tonight- Thanks a lot, Halloween.