(4)

Madeline's POV:

-THE NEXT NIGHT-

Jimmy insisted that I come with him to the twins' tent tonight. He held my hand as we saw the shadow of a man inside the tent and with one of the twins screaming, "No. get away! Get away!"

We barge in, "What's going on here?" The man turns to us, "I gotta thank you. That sign you freaks put up helped me find my two main suspects."

He means the twins. He handcuffs them, "Bette and Dot Tattler, you're under arrest for murder." Bette complains, "That hurts. It's too tight." Jimmy, "Now, just hold on a second, Detective."

He says, "Bette and Dot are victims, too. They were stabbed themselves." The man asks, "Is that why they ran from the hospital? Their mother died days before they were attacked, and there was no sign of any forced entry at the house."

Detective, "Way I see it, they murdered their mother, and then they tried to cover it up with the killing at the lake and the Bachman murder." Dot, "Lies. You're telling lies."

Jimmy, "So that's it? Case closed?" Detective, "Look at 'em. They're monsters. Jury's gonna have no problem seeing that" I say, "Don't call them monsters" Detective, "I call a spade a spade."

Detective, "Now, you should get out of my way." We stand firm and I give a whistle, and our friends arrived at our sides. Jimmy and I lock hands, "We can't let you take them." Detective, "And whose going to stop me? You and your miscreants?"

He cocks his gun, "Come tomorrow morning, my boys are gonna come over here and run you out of town. There is no place in Jupiter for freaks." Jimmy snaps, "Don't call us freaks!"

The detective shouts, "I'll call you whatever the hell I want to, you freak." We all gasp as Jimmy kills the detective. Evie checked the body to make sure that he is dead, and rest assured, he is.

Dot, "You saved us" Jimmy and I untied the twins. Jimmy, "And you're gonna save us."