(11)

Madeline's POV:

We waited in the wings, as Dell started the 3pm matinee show. He shows off Meep, who rips the head off of a bird again. And then, Bette and Dot went next with singing.

Jimmy looks to Elsa and I, and we nod our heads. He knew what to do. The audience cheered as the twins finished their singing act. The lights went black, and that was that.

-THE NEXT MORNING-

We awake to the sounds of police sirens. It was two policemen, "Elsa Mars, we have a warrant to search the premises for evidence pertaining to the disappearance of Detective Robert Bunch."

She says, "On what grounds, Officer?" He says, "We received an anonymous tip." She looks over the paper, "We have reasons to believe he was murdered here. Which one of these tents belongs to Dell Toledo?"

Dell asks, "What?" Elsa points, "That one over there" The policeman shout, "Turn it upside down!" Dell, "Wait a minute. What the hell is going on here?" They hold him back so that he can't get in the way.

He says, "We only just got here a couple of days ago. We haven't done anything" I giggle a little when the police officer says, "Shut your trap" Desiree runs out of their shared caravan, "Dell! Dell!"

Colquitt, "We already got an earful about what a Boy Scout you were. From Chicago PD" Dell insists, "I'm telling you- there's nothing in there." Jimmy and I stand next to each other, as he asks us, "Why do you two look so smug?"

Jimmy, "You're the one with the guilty look on your face" He shouts, "Nothing in the trailer, sir." He shouts again, "Nobody moves a muscle until we search every tent here! Tear this place apart!"

Dell, "Is this what guilt looks like?" I step in, "I bet you know what it looks like?" He says, "Tragic, isn't it, when a plan breaks down?"

Instead of Dell going with the police, it was Meep, who was instead framed. We all knew, "We have to get Meep out of there."

I run outside of my caravan that same night when I heard the screams of Jimmy. I see him and Ethel. I ask, "Jimmy? What's going on?" Then I see it- a dead Meep in a body bag, and I scream in bloody horror. As Jimmy and I hug each other.