HANDSHAKE

AUTHOR'S P.OV

21 JULY 20xx,

In Daljeet's room

As soon as the words left Harsh's mouth Ilahi's heart started beating wildly. She is so confused as to why Harsh said those words looking at her. Everyone is confused and looking at Harsh including her cousins but his sole attention is on the girl who is staring at his smirk with wide eyes.

"Who is she?" Muskan asked with a hint of jealousy in her voice. She is pissed that he likes someone else.

"Alia Bhatt." Harsh said without moving his eyes from Ilahi's. He looks into her eyes like trying to solve a mystery or find a treasure and when she lets out a breath she doesn't know she was holding he got the answer he was finding. He feels a kind of relief that she is not mad with his words but just curious to know why he said that looking at her whereas Ilahi again busy herself in enjoying her drink shutting out the whole world near her. She is hungry because she hasn't eaten since last night and on a cue Daljeet's mother enters the room to inform everyone that dinner is ready and they should come down. Hardik, Ayush and Jaspreet were the first to leave the room still busy in their conversation about upcoming football matches. Sameer got up from the couch gesturing Ilahi to come along with him.

"You go, I will follow you in a moment." Ilahi whispered to him and he left leaving Ilahi, Harsh, Muskan and Tushar in the room.

"Let's go na Harsh." Muskan whines standing on her feet to which Ilahi and Tushar roll their eyes. Ilahi stands from her seat and grabs the tray. She starts picking up the glasses and bowls scattering in the room just to help. She knows she doesn't need to do it because nobody told her to but she can't help her OCD side. Though she is not obsessed with cleaning, she is clumsy enough to drop or break things and she forgets to switch off the gas and air conditioner. But once she noticed something that has to be done she made it her priority to do it herself. Some people think that is quality of hers is to only impress and please others but Ilahi never gave a fuck what others think. She walks towards Tushar to grab his glass and he stands to his feet. Keeping the glass on the tray he snatched it from Ilahi.

"You are our guest and you are not supposed to do that. Let us take care of you and your family." Tushar said and his teasing tone doesn't go unnoticed by Harsh and Muskan. But as usual our innocent child is naive to understand so she just smiled at him and nodded her head. Tushar walks past Ilahi and towards Harsh as they both are about to leave the room but Ilahi's voice interrupts them.

"Can I talk to you for a moment please." They both turn to face her confused whom she is talking to. Her eyes move from Harsh to Tushar. All four have different thoughts in their minds.

Ilahi in mind: (I need to thank him and it's better if I talk to him in private because I will be nervous in front of people as always and will mess up. Specially, I don't want this bitch here. She will definitely find another way to insult me and God knows I will break her fake nail extensions this time if she opens her irritating mouth.)

Harsh in mind: (Does she want to talk to me? Thank you Babaji I can't believe it. She changed her ignorance game in just a few hours. Wow I was never this excited to talk to a girl. But at the same time no other girl is Ilahi. This woman is special. Hehe! Fuck did I just giggle and blush while dancing in my mind?) He said all this while dancing in his head. *The above video represents his dance.*

Tushar in mind: (God please it's not me whom she wants to talk to. The ball of jealousy and rage will wrap his stethoscope around my neck and choke me till death. But wait it will be quite fun to see his jealous face and it will make him realise that he is falling for this girl. The thing between them is different. Anyone from a distance can feel the power of connection they have. But this idiot whom I call friend is dumb to not see it and call all this fucking lust.)