MR. LAMP POST

HARSH'S P.O.V

15 July 20xx,

I button up the last button of my dark grey shirt and tuck it in my white jeans. I fold the sleeves of the shirt till my elbows and sit on the bed to wear my black shoes completing my look with the same grey watch I had been wearing for years. It is gifted by my mummy. I don't like smart watches so I still stick to this old watch because I love it. I pick up my dark big shades that cover my dark circles and almost reach my eyebrows, and tuck it in my shirt pocket. I turn to the floor length mirror to gel up my hairs but pause at the reflection that is looking back at me. I am not at all happy about the day ahead but I have to push through it.

It is going to be a long day for me today. I still can't believe today is Roka and I'm not ready to face her yet. Almost 5 months have been passed and a lot has changed but the thing that doesn't change is my feelings for her. She just disappeared in a thin wind. It's not like I never wanted to contact her but I didn't know how to. And now my family wants me to get married by hook or by crook. So I just give into them because I have no other option. They know what is good for me and I accept it. I take my phone, keys and wallet before walking out of the room. Accidentally the power button of my phone is pressed and my lock screen appears with a wallpaper of my family. There is a mail that popped up 5 minutes back so I stop in my tracks and unlock my phone to check it. The second I unlocked it the same damn thing appears. I don't understand why I put this wallpaper 5 months back but to be honest I still don't have a courage to change it. It is the poetry written by her. That were the last words she sent me before blocking me out of her life. I never even got a chance to say goodbye. The poetry is phenomenal. I never thought someone could explain me in a few words like she did. I loved it so much that I put it on my wallpaper but at that time I didn't realise that it will make me miss her. I read the poetry thousandth time since she sent me this.

"Kuch sme phle mili me ek ajeeb insaan se,
Shkl se akdu hai lekin pyaar se baat krta bhi hai,
Profession se doctor hai lekin bhot acha gata bhi hai,
Pyaar ke piche bhot jada deewana sa bhi hai,
Bhot kuch samjhta hai lekin thoda zindgi se anjana sa bhi hai,
Kisi ki baat me sunti nahi lekin unki kuch baato se unki me agreed bhi hu,
Duniya ka to pta nahi lekin me to bulati unhe Doctor Ajeeb hi hu."

It feels like she just portrayed me on a peice of paper with just some words. I thought nobody could understand my weird self but this girl and her smart mouth proved me wrong.

"Harsh we are heading out. Just lock the doors and come fast, or else you will be late. We can't make them wait for too long." Mummy shouts from downstairs breaking my thoughts. I took a deep breath and walked out of my room and down the stairs. I lock the house and walk towards my car. I have some work before the ceremony and I have to pick Tushar so, I'm going on my own and my family is going with Ritika, in her car. Unlocking my car, I slip inside and start the engine without wasting a single more minute.

My thoughts are still on her and the last conversation we had. I was mad at her for calling me intersting. Well, I'm not a book or a movie she finds intersting. But what do I expect her to say? That was the last conversation we had before she blocked me. I wonder why she did that. Maybe because I rudely said bye to her or didn't text her next day or maybe anything I don't know yet. I was not entirely mad at her but the thing she told me. The second Ishita told me about the man that sexually harassed her, my blood boiled. I was so angry that I even punched my fist in the wall. I had seen so many cases of rape, domestic voilence, acid attack or many more things in the hospital. Women's are attached daily and this makes me angry every time I have to handle this kind of case. What kind of men we have in our community who assualt women? I feel like cutting my own skin open seeing and treating a women suffering for someone's few minutes pleasure. I always wish to lessen thier pain but the mental trauma from that kind of a torture is much more than physical pain. When Ishita told me about being touched by a man without her permission, I just wanted to find him and chop all his fingers. Seeing a woman suffering is painful but seeing a woman you know suffering from trauma of another's mistake is torture. She didn't give me any details and I never asked. I don't want to make my blood boil more at that moment but I still feel like an asshole that I never consoled her instead I dump all my anger on her.

I WEIRD YOU ❤️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें