WHAT IF?

HARSH'S P.O.V

11 FEBRUARY 20xx,

"Man, it all sounds like a Karan Johar's movie." Daljeet said dreamily looking at his café's ceiling after I told them everything about that girl. The café is closed long before because it's 8 in night and today he closed it early because we had other plans. Well, our initial plan was to have lunch together and then head to the bar but we are here just because Tushar wants to have a 'conversation' with me and I know I am dead. "Wow I am curious what will happen next. I wonder will you ever meet her again and why didn't you tell me before, hmm?" Jeet continued without looking away.

I take a sip of my beer, as I need it most today before replying "Real life is not a movie and I didn't tell you because there is nothing to tell. I don't know what was wrong with me that I told this asshole about this whole fucked up thing." I point to Tushar who is lost in deep thoughts.

He snaps his head to me in speed of light and glare at me "I am not an asshole you are Harsh. I am not the one running away from my feelings."

"Feelings?" I start laughing without humour. "How do you expect me to feel for someone I don't even know? And moreover, I don't think I am capable of feeling anything Tushar. All my life everyone told me to mask my feelings. First my family, then my Exs and then my profession. I don't understand how the hell I always find a girl who breaks my heart. First Disha and now Natasha." I said bitterly and gulp down the left-over beer in one go. I am letting down my guards. It's not like I mind, they are my best friends

"Disha? Where did she come from? It's been 7 years Harsh and you are still not over with her and you broke up with Natasha because she is being the bitch here" Tush rolled his eyes.

"I am over with her Tush, it's just like she was my first love and I can never forget her." I said picking up the third bottle of beer. At the speed I am drinking I know my hangover will be crazy in the morning but it's not like I give a fuck.

"We understand she was your first love, but she betrayed you, broke your heart and left you for someone else and you still don't hate her. Forget her Harsh she is not worth it." Daljeet interrupts in between.

"You can never hate someone you ever loved jeet. I can never hate her but I don't love her either. She is just my past." I said. I caught Disha with someone else in my last year of graduation. We dated for almost 2.5 years and I loved her so much. We met in one of my school friend's birthday party and I fell for her instantly. The way she danced and laugh with her friends it felt like I can't even keep my eyes away from her. She was just too perfect with her beautiful body and brown hairs. I got her number that night from my friend and got to know she is his cousin and a law student. To my luck she also noticed me and when I texted her, we jell up like we knew each other from another life. Everything was going perfect but one thing she hated about me is my profession. I had to concentrate on my MBBS which leads to both of us fight. "You were never with me when I needed you the most HARSH and he, he is always there with me that's why I don't want you anymore. You always keep your profession first and then me. I deserve to be someone's priority not 2nd option. We are done." That was her last words when I caught her with another man. Our breakup left me broken but I never lose my hope in love. That is the only thing I am living for. I always believe in finding love that's why I tried to find it but always end up with a wrong a person who broke my heart even more.

"Common Harsh please stop your internal battle and just talk to us. We are not expecting you to hide your feelings or mask your emotions. We will never judge your dumbass, idiot." Tush said pouring some more whiskey for himself and Jeet. As doctors we know it is harmful for us, but it is as it is. We can't stop drinking and smoking. But we are no addicts it's just occasional thing. Well, you can't judge us, can you? No one is perfect and so aren't we.