Chapter Thirty Five

All the crying didn't affect my pregnancy, I'm just glad my baby's okay despite the heavy day.

I found out a lot about him, and guilt consumes me every time I remember every word I told him that night.

I tried to look okay the rest of the day, Josh will be coming home today, I don't know how to face him without breaking down.

He's been through a lot and I didn't care one bit, while him, while he was sick and in pain, he thought of me, of how I was and what I have reached.

What did I do to deserve a guy like him?

My father visited me while Josh wasn't around, he did confirm that no wedding is happening between Crystal and Josh, Josh turned down the engagement the moment it was mentioned, neither was my father knowing about it, Crystal and her grandparents from her mother's side planned all of that with Josh's grandparents, because they liked Crystal so much for Josh.

"He fought for his right, Sapphire, even if it meant hurting and dissapointing everyone at that family gathering, he was supposed to bring you with him but you had a short notice appointment about Tanja and Arsdale Pharmaceutics, he knew it was important for you so he went on his own, and eventually left"

I slowly nodded.

"I have to go now, if you need anything else, just call me, I'll be here"

"Uhm..." I bit my lower lip, "Will you be able to... walk me down the aisle... as my father?"

I saw how he stiffened, I bit my lower lip more, his eyes welled up as he smiled at me.

"Of course, Sapphire, I will walk down the aisle with you as your father"

I smiled and hugged him tight.

"Thank you... dad"

He breathed deeply and hugged me back.

He kissed my forehead, Josh's SUV then parked.

"I'm happy with your decisions, don't worry about Crystal, she'll be fine, not now, but she will be in time" he said.

I smiled and bid my goodbye at him, they greeted each other.

Josh carefully checked me when he neared me.

"Did something happened while I was gone? Were you stressed out? Did you cry or something?"

How could a man like him love me like this?

I shook my head as my tears pool in my eyes.

"Sapphire, why are you crying? Is there something wrong? Did something happened? Please talk to me, baby, you're scaring me"

"Promise me you won't ever keep things secret from me ever again" I sobbed quietly.

"Sapphire..."

I looked at him pleadingly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know, you didn't let me know"

His eyes widened, his eyes slowly went bloodshot and welled with tears.

"I'm sorry..." he weakly said.

"You could have told me, and for clarification, I will not stay with you out of pity, I will stay with you because I love you, I will take care of you until you get well, I will be there with you"

He bit his lower lip and rested his forehead on mine.

"I'm sorry, I thought too far ahead after I found out about my condition"

"Its all in the past now, and now, please, don't keep things from me ever again"

He nodded and hugged me.