Chapter Seventeen

"How about this one?" Auntie asked.

She showed a red dress, I quickly shook my head, she pouted and contemplate, but put it back on the rack.

We went store to store, Auntie bought mom a bag, mom also gave her a bag, while we choose a dress for me.

I saw a burgundy, near to the shade of black color, dress, a simple sweetheart neck top with a flowy skirt and puff sleeves, knee length and semi-silk fabric.

My mom took it and pushed me inside the fitting room, I tried it on, it fitted perfectly to me, I showed to them.

My mom and aunt clapped their hands as they surveyed me.

They bought me the dress, and a pair of black three inches stilettos, I can handle a little inch.

They dropped me off at work, they said they'll shop more, I only let them.

The day was exhausting, Josh picked me up after my shift.

"See, we still saw each other" I said.

He smiled and nodded.

"You had dinner?"

"Yes, I had dinner already, you?"

"Mm-hmm"

He held my hand as we drove off to our house.

"Have a dress for the ball?"

"Yup, I'm ready for the ball"

He nodded again.

"You okay?"

"Hmm, yeah, of course"

I pursed my lips.

"What is it? Problem?"

"I'm just exhausted from practice earlier"

"You could have just rest then, its alright to me if you couldn't pick me up"

He shook his head.

"Your boyfriend shouldn't let you walk alone late at night"

"Baby, its fine"

His lips parted, I chuckled when I saw his ears went red.

He stopped in front of our gate.

"Good night"

He pouted.

"That was so short" he said.

"Huh?"

"Our time together"

"We'll video chat"

"But I can't hold your hand"

I intertwinned our finger and leaned to him, I pecked a kiss on his lips.

"Good night, Josh"

His finger went to my chin and pushed it up, he angled his face and kissed me once more, my lips parted and welcomed him more, a few tongue and then all lips.

My eyes were sleepy after our kiss, he smiled at me softly, I smiled, too.

"I'll marry you after you graduate"

My eyes widened at that, he hugged me tight.

"Please say yes" he murmured.

My heart warmed at that.

"Yes, we will marry" I said indulgently.

His hugged tightened, like he'd lose me any minute.

We bid goodbye to each other, my night ended so well, I slept comfortably still on call with him.