Chapter Twenty Five

Its my mom's birthday, and we've planned to surprise her, Aunt Annie will bring her to the venue.

"Everything is set?"

The crew approved and all I was waiting for was my mom, everyone was there already.

My mom was blindfolded as me and Auntie walked with her to go through the crowd.

"Happy birthday!"

My mom smiled widely, she even cried, I hugged her.

"Aw, let's sing everybody! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you"

We were all having fun, I hugged my mom's waist.

"What did you wish for?"

"I couldn't wish anything for me, so I wished for your happiness"

"Mom, I am happy"

"But, not like how happy you were with Josh"

"I'm happy with us, with all that I have achieved, Josh is already happy with Crystal, wherever they are, hmm?"

She sighed.

"But, you could be happier"

"I will be, when you stay with me forever"

She laughed and grazed her thumb on my cheek.

"I love you, mom"

"I love you, darling"

Mom and I parted ways to greet her guests, I'm happy that my mom is happy.

I heard a shout.

"Sancha!"

My heart boomed, I ran where my Aunt is.

Mom was unconcious, my bodyguard was there and he picked her up.

"My car's here!"

I panicked.

Aunt Annie and mom were on the back, my bodyguard drove us to the hospital.

"My mom..."

My eyes welled up.

"Aunt, what happened?"

"Sapphire, I promise your mom not to tell you this but..." Auntie wiped her tears away, "Your mom is sick"

My eyes widened, my tears streamed.

"W-What?"

Auntie sat down and wiped her tears.

"Your mom... she has a tumor in her brain, she's been experiencing migraine a lot, and she would find excuse to you so she wouldn't have to tell you so you wouldn't worry about her"

I closed my eyes tight and covered my face with my hands, Aunt hugged me, my whole body shook as I cried.

"I promised your mom I wouldn't tell you this, but you deserve to know"

"H-How long?"

"Its been six months since we found out, we've seeked a doctor, all opinions, and they said the same answers, your mom can't be operated, her chances are low so she wouldn't take it"

I cried on Auntie's shoulder.

We went to my mom's room.

"Apparently, her tumor has spread"

"But she haven't been stress"

I wiped my tears.

"Stress isn't the only thing  that can trigger the spread of her tumor"