『Foreword & Prologue』

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ☼ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

"Radiant chains shattered midst the darkness. Infernal eyes bled a crimson across the sky. Sharp claws tore the light to shreds. Metals shimmered in the dark. Crystals gleamed in the obsolete ruins. The boundaries had cracked. At long last, they had lost the vigour to ensnare the entity of chaos.

The looming shadow would soon mask the joy of day. The flourishing yet deceptive dominance of humankind was destined to crumble in the foreseen future – and today, that future came into manifestation."

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ☼ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

A Humble Authors' Rambling

First and foremost, thank you for selecting "Arcanae". This work was originally my Wattpad-debut novel, and as such, it has seen countless revisions over many years. The first hints of its plot emerged as early as 2014 - 2015. However, its initial draft had only been finalised around February 2019. Since then, it has seen seven rewrites to improve upon the Thirteenth Sea's worldbuilding, character stories and various minor changes.

Naturally, feel free to demonstrate your support through votes, comments and adding the story to your reading list. Every action is another smile plastered across my sleep-deprived face! <3

This is the first instalment in the "Arcanae Series"

With the basics covered, here is the Thirteenth Sea in all its revamped glory - from Crescent Isle to the blistering-cold northern archipelagos, the vast landmasses to the faraway east, and the looming dangers of the Southern Isles.

Permit me to greet you once more.

Welcome, dear reader.

To yet another culmination of another overly ambitious author's imagination.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ☼ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

Yours truly, 

 exLyrical