57

Sam

Everyone was here but Charlie who refused to come down. The rest of the family sat in one room together, some staring at Ebony's nose with a straight face whilst the others were staring at the three evils with a strong glare, who by the way, didn't seem to care that they were in trouble and sat with their eyes widened like they had done nothing wrong, giving each other small books. 

"What happened?", Grandpa asked harshly as Ebony looked down at the floor, although I think it was clear what happened. Silence. No one said a word, the three evils looked at their mothers for help but even they didn't make eye contact with their daughters.

"What happened girls?", Grandma asked them with a rough tone, glaring at them with her hands on her hips, as if daring them to lie to her. She turned to Ebony who kept her eyes on the floor, breathing heavily in and out as if she was scared to tell the truth.

"I slipped in the pool area and landed on my face and hurt my nose", Ebony said quietly as the family shook their heads slightly, as if they knew what happened but would rather have Ebony go through the pain of telling on family.

"Is that what happened girls?", Grandpa asked the three evils as they all nodded at the same time with a small smile on their faces, as if trying to seem sweet and innocence. 

Grandma looked at Ebony and then them back and forth for a few seconds before throwing her hands in the air and sighing heavily. 

"Are you sure that's what happened? We can only punish the girls if you tell the truth Ebony", Grandma asked her as Ebony just nodded as everyone in the room sighed and stood up.

"Tell the truth", Her mum said in an annoyed tone as if she wasn't concerned at all that her daughter was bleeding from her busted nose. Raymond was knelt down in front of her, gently bandaging and wiping up the blood, disinfecting it before asking if it hurt and asking how painful it is. 

"I am telling the truth", She said to her mum harshly, looking back at the ground again and tutting at her mother's bluntness and obvious lack of care for what happened. It was silent for a few seconds before Grandpa turned to the three evils.

"Are you sure that's the truth?", He asked them with a straight face, however his tone was cold and scary and it looked like it scared them too as they didn't nod this time but rather gulp and put their eyes towards the floor like Ebony.

"Tell you what, in an hour, if Ebony wants to come and tell me the truth then my door is wide open", Grandpa said with the same cold tone before allowing Adam to help him up and the rest of the men following Grandpa towards his office I'm guessing. Raymond quickly finished with Ebony's nose before following them quickly. 

"Alright, we are off shopping for the day since this has completely ruined our week", An aunt said as the rest of the women excluding Grandma and the evils followed her out the door, whispering to each other without looking back.

The three evils gave Grandma a smile before all heading up the stairs, whispering just like their mothers. 

"Ebony, darling, if those girls did something to you then you have to tell us", Grandma said calmly with a hand on Ebony's as she said not a word. Grandma slowly got up before giving me a tussle of my hair and headed the opposite direction of the men. 

"Are you alright?", I asked her quietly as she nodded her head, going into her pocket and pulling out the phone discreetly.

"Wanna make another call?", She asked me with a smile as I nodded, grinning at her mischievousness. We quickly got up and headed to Ebony's room. 

When we got there the door was open and the three evils were sat on her bed, staring at us with a straight face with their arms crossed. We went to leave but they slammed the door shut behind us and smirked.

"Why didn't you snitch?", Gia asked as Elisa and Lexi stood behind us with their arms crossed over their chests.

"Who's to say I won't if you don't get out of my room", Ebony said harshly as Gia's smile dropped and shook her head.

"If you snitch, I'll tell them that you stole my phone", She whispered in Ebony's ear as she laughed, however she had no idea how much trouble we would get in if my brothers knew what we were trying to do.

"What do you want Gia?", Ebony asked in a bored tone, catching the gist that they didn't know what kind of leverage they had and what they could do to us. 

"I want my phone", She said harshly, giving Ebony a small shove as I stepped forward. They all laughed when I did, giggling in a mean girl way. Something I was very used to. 

"What will the little weirdo do? Tell your brothers on us?", Lexi laughed as the other two joined in. This pissed me off but I remained calm, knowing that if I touched any of them, the thing they did to Ebony wouldn't matter anymore, not that it did in the first place. 

"Yeah, the little freak will use the power of maths on us", Elisa joined in with the teasing as I rolled my eyes at Ebony, she shook her head and sighed. In truth, we were scared of them, they didn't care what happened to us or if we got hurt, and the family would inevitably forgive them because, you know, they are family. 

I laughed at them as Ebony giggled. Their faces dropped as they looked confused.

"What's so funny?", Gia asked in an annoyed tone, standing up from the bed right in front of us, she was tall, 5'6 at age 12 but it made sense because her mother was also rather tall, so she towered over us with heavy breathing.

"That you think because we took a phone to play games on such a huge deal, compared to what you did to Ebony", I said with a smirk which annoyed her greatly as her nose twitched. She wasn't used to people standing up to her, it was obvious no one would go near her at school because of who our family was and lets be honest, if I wasn't part of this family, I would be terrified of it.

"I will tell on you both and you will get in great trouble", She said with her head to the side, picking her nails as we could here the idiots behind us giggling.

"If you tell, we do", Ebony said harshly, standing closer to Gia that they were almost hugging. Gia laughed at her before shoving past us and heading out the door.

"So we are still snitching right?", Ebony asked me as I nodded, grinning before getting the phone out and calling James. It rang once before it was picked up.

"Sam?", James asked quickly. 

"We are here, what's wrong?", I asked him as he sounded stressed. Ebony and I huddled around the phone to try and listen closely.

"Nothing is wrong, I was just so worried about you guys, you suddenly cut me off and didn't contact me for hours, how could I not be worried? Not a message, not a text?", He said, his tone turning from sincere to angry as though we were being told off my an older brother rather than a friend. 

"Ebony got jumped by some girls, we had to hide the phone", I said quickly as he shouted through the phone.

"What? They did what? I thought the whole point was we were all supposed to be safe, how did your family let this happen?!", He yelled through the phone as we flinched away, turning the volume down on the phone.

"It was a couple of cousins but I'm fine, we just wanted to check that you guys were alright as we can't keep this phone for too long", Ebony said calmly. James was silent for a couple of seconds, we could only hear his heavy breathing .

"Alright, what if I send a phone to your old address Sam? I would ask them to put it under something so your old foster dad wouldn't be able to find it. That way we could have phones to contact each other whenever we wanted to make sure the other one was alright", He asked as I quickly replied with yes.

"We need to go, there is someone coming", Ebony said quickly before cutting off the call, pressing some buttons on the phone and stuffing it in her pocket. The door flew open with the three evils stood there with a smirk on her face.

"Grandpa wants to see if you have changed your mind about telling the cold hard truth", Gia said in a sarcastic tone. Ebony rolled her eyes and walked out the room, bumping into Gia on the way out as I quickly followed.

Hopefully this plans works.