49

Charlie

As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw Jules walking away from her sons as they watched, never taking her eyes off her, bewildered that she had come in the first place.

But she had not come for them, she had come to help me.

As she walked back into the shadows and disappeared from view, their shoulders fell in surprise and hurt, that their own mother would turn her back on them. Yet there were no tears, no emotions shown on their faces, I could only see through their body language that they were upset, of course something like this would make you upset. 

"What the fuck do we do with you now?", Adam asked no one in particular as he looked up dramatically into the sky. They all ignored his remark and stared at their father laying on the ground in front of them, the youngest brothers forming tears in their eyes. 

"We make a deal", The eldest said with a determined look on his face before Adam turned to him, curious with what on earth he can offer. 

"I know all the bank accounts, the offshore accounts, each and every building that we use for our...business, our very large range of business", He said with a straight face as Adam looked him up and down with a smirk on his face. Adam squatted down to his level and laughed. 

"And why can't we just go in your house right now, and check through all the papers, run through all your computers and find everything we need", Adam asked him loudly as men all laughed at the Spanish heirs. This seemed to anger them as the eldest quickly stood up with his fists clenched, yet my brothers didn't even flinch.

"I don't appreciate the disrespect your men are handing to my brothers", He said through gritted teeth, on cue, the men all laughed louder with my brothers staying radio silent, the cousins stood with each other, just watching the theatrics. 

The eldest just stood with tight fists as his brothers all stood up beside him, attempting to calm him down subtly with one of them putting a hand on his back, trying to comfort him. 

"You can try to do that, but your men blew up our office with all the papers.  And our computers have an automatic system that wipes the drive if it is not checked within ten minutes, and I think it's been past ten minutes", The eldest said, now with his new found confidence. Adam looked at him for a moment with almost a slight bit of admiration before going back to his straight face. 

"And I know that right now, there are other groups that are interested in my father business, yet non of them know how it works, how to get what they want and how to make money off it without being killed for sticking their nose in", He said with more confidence, it was growing every second that Adam didn't kill him. 

My brothers stared for a moment, as though they were discussing it together in silence, my cousins watched in curiosity, my grandpa and uncles were making orders to men, raiding the house and putting the fire out.

"We heard that you are being groomed to become the next boss. Why you Adam? There are many other candidates, better ones stood right here", The eldest said, glaring at him. Adam smirked and shook his head slowly at him, my brothers smiled. 

I don't get it, this world, this business. 

"Maybe, who knows if your going to be around to see who takes over", Adam said with a straight face, going back to his serious and boring personality. The eldest nodded and held out his hand, glaring at Adam as he thought for a moment about what it meant to agree to form an alliance, something they had never done. 

Adam sighed before reaching his hand out, agreeing slowly to the silent clauses as the brothers surrounded their father, staring at his face before cursing him for his cowardly ways.