47

Sam

I could hear voices whispering to each other as a door was locked behind them. I kept my eyes tightly shut as they walked away, to make sure they were gone. Where the hell am I? I feel warm, odd way for kidnappers to treat someone. 

I opened my eyes slightly, aware of the old trap of pretending to leave a room when in actual fact, they had just closed the door with them on the inside. I was in a bed, a very comfy ones, surrounded by red and black. I waited for a noise, the slight sense that someone was watching me, waiting for me to jump up and see where I was. 

I heard no breathing from another human being but myself, but to be safe, I turned over slightly, trying to get a view of the entire room as I slowly opened my eyes, glancing around the space before I realised it was empty. There was no trick, they were all gone. 

I slowly got up, aware of any camera's that may be in the room however I saw nothing, not any camera's that I could see anyway. I slowly got up from the bed as it made a slight creak noise, I held my breathe for any sign of movement from outside the door yet there was nothing. I crept around the room slowly, looking for any use of escape: nail clippers, a bathrobe rope, anything sharp I could use as a weapon. I turned to the set of drawers to see a couple photos of a family. 

They had an odd crest just like my family portraits sitting at the top of them, they were another Mafia group. Lets be honest, it was most likely an enemy, most allies will ask you around for tea before threatening you. At this point, my entire family must be out looking for me and I hoped that Charlie was alright. 

I stared at the family picture until I noticed someone very familiar. Jules? What the hell was she doing in a photo with these people? I knew the truth really yet I didn't want to admit it, she was one of them. In her arms there was a tiny baby, adorable thing yet something told me it was James. 

This is who she has been running from all this time? This is why they never stayed anywhere too long, or sometimes didn't answer when people called their names, and when they did, it was out of fear. Does James know? He was tiny, would Jules of told him? 

Could it all be a coincidence? That they had captured us by accident and this was not against our family but rather about Jules's family. I needed to get out of here and warn her, tell James everything about what has happened. 

These people were not stupid yet they let me be around so many things that could help me escape, to get out of here. Maybe they think that I am stupid, I will show them that I am not. I rushed through every draw, slowly and efficiently.  

I found a pair of nail clippers in a jewellery draw, I pulled the knife out and started to look for a bobby pin. I rushed through Jules's stuff until I found a big pack of them, still unopened. They had dust on them too. Had they just left all of stuff ready for her to come back for them? I felt a slight bit of sympathy yet she must of left for a reason. 

I sat on the lock, doing what Ebony did at the door which seemed so long ago now, another stupid adventure which could of caused a whole other issue. Is Ebony alright? She is probably pretending to be a spy once more, listening to everything and waiting for me to get home. 

After ten minutes, a small click happened to the lock, I breathed slowly then not at all as I slowly opened the door, I peeked my head out to look out for any sign of movement, any chance of someone wandering down the hallway. 

I clutched the knife in my hand between my fingers so it couldn't easily be snatched away and kept close to the wall as I walked along the corridor, ducking in places whenever I saw a camera until a saw a group of boys sat in a room playing a game on the television. I held my breathe as I walked by until they started yelling at each other.