30

Sam

All I could hear was Scar face breathing heavily, like he had just ran a marathon though he was just staring at the gate, waiting for my brothers cars to drive through and yell at me. He was way too nervous for my liking.

"Why are you so nervous? They won't hurt you with me here", I said to him as he nodded slowly, though I could see he didn't believe me. He kept messing around with his gun, clicking the safety on and off, taking the bullets out and putting them back in. 

"Why are you nervous still?", I asked him once again, but he gave me no reply, instead his entire body went still, staring outside the gate.

"Shit", He said under his breathe as he grabbed his gun properly, heading his way quickly over to me. As he did, I moved further away from him, but instead he knelt down as he got to me with an expression of pure worry.

"Did you speak to anyone on the way?", He asked me, looking around quickly as his head moved all around. I shook my head as he put his hand to his head.

"Look kid, I know we just met but you got to trust me right now and I really don't want to scare you, but you see those cars?", He asked me, pointing out the gray cars speeding down the one way road. I nodded to him, realising what was happening. 

"Well, I'll just say they aren't your brothers, they have very distinct cars for a reason, mostly to show off, but also so everyone knows who they are", He said quickly, he hands shaking slightly as he rolled his eyes, obviously not impressed.

"Seems like an easy way to target someone if you always know what car they are in", I said sarcastically to him as he nodded, a small smirk appearing on his face. 

"Okay kid, were going to have stay low, head south towards the border and fall around through the forest to get to another base, I'm going to throw the phone so they don't track us but let me make a quick call to your brothers first", He said, dialing quickly, mentioning Adams name every now and again. After a few minutes of what I can assume was yelling on the other side of the phone, Scar face turned to me.

"That didn't go well whatsoever, but he said they will send people out through the forest to try and find us but we have to head out now. We need to work together kid, my gang has already headed into town and probably drunk so they are pretty much useless", He said quickly, smashing his phone with the heel of his foot. 

"You could of just taken the sim card out", I said with an obvious tone in my voice. He stared at me for a moment with a straight face, probably realising I was correct. 

"Whatever, alright, there is a back gate we can get to though we have to be really quiet", He said, putting his arm out in a protective fashion as we headed through the back of the warehouse. As we got to the gate, he whispered a password into the machine.

"Legacy". 

The gate opened slowly, too slowly. As the gate slid open, we could hear the voice of the enemy, shouting to each other to raid everything quickly. 

"What idiots, your brothers have without a doubt set up people on the road, ready for them and taking them out", He tutted, sighing at these people's stupidity. I looked up at him as we heading though the gate as it slowly shut behind us.

"Like you did to those people?", I asked him, putting my arms around myself to try and gain some sort of warmth. He looked down at me in surprise.

"You saw that?", He asked me, sighing and closing his eyes. 

"No kid should see that", He muttered under his breathe. I just shook my head at him as we heading towards the forest, waving through a wheat field that seemed to block the warehouse and the forest apart.