Chapter 120: The Coming of Age Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Tatsu." Ayami nodded sternly, "I'll finish escorting Princess Mitsu. You may return to father."

Tatso nodded, giving a small bow. "Of course, Princess Ayami."

From the corner of Katsu's eyes she watched as the guards walked off. The only thoughts that surrounded her head involved fighting the woman, but those soon faded as she realized the show she needed to put on. She wasn't to be a pirate anymore.

"Mitsu." Ayami walked towards the red head, "Kneel."

Katsu felt like a well trained dog as she did as was told. For a moment, she wondered when she became so blindly numb and obedient.

"This is the royal sash." Ayami explained, carefully placing it on Katsu's shoulders and draping it across before securing it to her hip. "It has been worn for many Coming of Age Ceremonies. Your grandfather, father, me, and even Sato. It's hoped to bring you the courage of those before you. You'll need to pass to bring back the honor to this sash after the past failures."

"Once you finish and pass, you'll be fully recognized as a royal. You'll be prepared to become Queen. I place this upon you and wish you good fortune with it."

Ayami stepped back. "Stand." Once again Katsu followed the orders. "You may chose one of three weapons. A spear, a sword, or the bow and arrow. Choose carefully, as it will symbolize your future rule over the kingdom."

She didn't care. Katsu didn't care what they would think of her. She just needed to pass.

"The sword." Katsu answered, her eyes staring at the blade. She almost wanted to smile as a certain green-haired person came to mind.

Ayami turned around to grab the weapon. When she looked back towards the pirate, she strapped the belt around Katsu's waist.

Then she stepped back. Ayami's eyes flickered to the halls before landing back on Katsu. "The doors will open for you soon. I had some words of wisdom for you." Her voice dropped quieter. "The choice is yours. You have a choice. Remember this, and choose wisely."

Then Ayami walked away. Leaving Katsu alone at the doors as she awaited for them to open.

.........................................................................

 Law had made it inside the coliseum easy. The guards didn't pay much mind to him, allowing him to enter as soon as he presented the ticket. He walked just enough to get past the main guards, finding a pocket not too far from the main entrance. It happened to be the perfect spot for him, as there was a window and it gave him clear view of the pirates waiting on him.

He held out his hand, "Room. Shambles" Acting quickly, he traded out four of the nobles passing by for the Straw Hat pirates.

They only gave a soft nod before having departed their separate ways.

Robin was the first to find a seat. In her hand sat the transponder snail ready to begin filming. She had found a seat closer towards the front, since the seating was  based off of first come first serve, she found it lucky she managed to snag a good seat. Especially considering the around of nobles wishing for blood to stain their white clothing.

Near Robin, but higher up the coliseum, Law had found a seat for himself. Less people had found their way to this row. Each of them wanting to be closer into the action about to take place. Which he found convenient for himself, since he would much rather not sit next to the whining nobles of the country. Sitting back, he rested his arms on the back of both seats on either side of him and waited for the show to start.