Alpha - The Prophecy - Chapter 42

Start from the beginning

"I'm here to bring Sora home. I don't know what you're talking about," Yangcha exhaled bitterly, causing Taehyung to tense his body at the alpha's dismissive response. Taehyung didn't interfere despite his suspicion of Yangcha's involvement. He remained observant of the situation.

"Yah! It's obviously you!" Jungkook hastily stomped forward to shove Yangcha backward. Still, the alpha remained composed while balancing himself beside the couch.

"The only person whose apparent intention is to harm another person is you, Jeon Jungkook. You can't blindly accuse me of murder without proof," Yangcha sighed, dimming his eyes on the half-blood. Jungkook hastily jerked forward in offense but was firmly held back by Kim Taehyung, who swiftly extended his arms to hold his cousin's upper arm.

"What are you doing?! Are you seriously siding-"

"We should focus on addressing the murder case. There's no use in accusing each other. We'll settle the matter quietly. You said Philanthropy is at risk of being criticized for the superstar's death, so... as an entity responsible for the organization... you have to respond to the problem with appropriate solutions to evade suspicion. This isn't a personal issue, so don't use your subjective grudge to handle the matter. Even if you caught the culprit. What will you do? Tell the public the superstar was murdered at Philanthropy's ceremony..?" Taehyung bitterly sighed. Jeon Jungkook clenched his jaw at Taehyung's stern frown before firing Yangcha a sharp glare.

"Silence the media for now. The news must not circulate," My mother agreed. Jungkook glared at me as I stood with my hands clasped together.

"Noona. You must be exhausted. Let's head home," Yangcha shifted his blank gaze to me.

"She should stay with us. We're uncertain of the motive of the attack, so her security could be compromised," Taehyung shook his head.

"I'll leave. It's fine. The penthouse is just as secured," I shook my head and walked forward. Taehyung fired me a disapproving look, unsurely shifting his anxious gaze to Yangcha as the alpha extended his hand for me. I took it without hesitation and strode out the door.

I kept my head low to avoid Jungkook's piercing glare... and strolled into the opening with the alpha, eventually turning around to gaze at the dread... written all over Taehyung's face. I pursed my lips and left with Yangcha. I know Taehyung wants to keep me close, but I need to separate Yangcha from everyone else. 

Yangcha didn't speak as the driver escorted us back to the penthouse. He quietly wiped my blood-drenched hands with a pack of wet wipes to rub off the dark stains, so I let him and sat blankly with my eyes on the passing light poles. Yangcha held the door for me once we arrived at the building. I thanked the driver, and we headed to the penthouse together without exchanging conversations in the elevator.

I didn't say anything, entered the bathroom to shower, and stood blankly to watch the dirty water... flowing freely from my body and into the drainage with my unblinking eyes. I aggressively rubbed off the stains from my body with bubbling soap... finally stepping out of the stall after ensuring my limbs and torso were squeaky clean.

"Do you feel sick?" Yangcha asked as I pulled on my nightgown in the closet room. I turned to find him leaning against the doorway in his fresh clothes.

I don't want to think. I don't want to question him. I don't want to know why he did what he did because I'm too exhausted to contemplate the rights and the wrongs. I warily scanned his usual blank eyes and finally stepped forward with my arms open. The alpha unconsciously welcomed my body into his strong arms as I hugged his waist with my face rested against his chest... calmly listening to his steady heartbeat.