Chapter Twenty-Seven

AUTHOR: I don't usually do this but you must give credit to creativity when you see it. A couple of months ago lelykoo uploaded her FIRST ever novel, "The Love & Pain Diary" and I just wanted to say congrats on hitting 4k reads, and I hope everything that comes from now on is pure greatness.

Anyways... back to Ezekiel and them. 

"Okay what the actual fuck?" Alissa went on, asking the same question over and over again as she sprinted around the hotel room. The wooden floorboards didn't seem to help because it sounded like we were having sex to the outside world, but in reality we are just talking about my brothers' psycho ex-girlfriend.

"How is she alive?" She asked, this time looking at me and not walking around the room. "I don't know Al," I find myself reminiscing about all those times that Jeremiah would bring Naya back to the house with him.

They were the cutest, just two kids purely and madly in love, "For all I know based on how things are building up is that she's either a serial killer, or a mass murderer." I giggle, but Alissa doesn't seem to share my sense of humor.

"This isn't funny Ezie," Alissa snaps, "We might seriously get injured, I mean." Her eyes widen up, "The bitch came back to life Ezie!" Alissa shuts the bathroom door behind her as she fades away. I don't understand why her fear is turning into anger projected onto me.

I mean, sure I get it, I am kind of the main reason she got dragged this far into the rabbit hole, but logically her father and mine weren't so different after all. So technically, her fate was mine, and we were destined to find one another.

                                    *                                                         *                                                                          *

"I love this new place in town!" Sara, Ash, and Naya were all sitting on the kitchen stool in a circle drinking beer and smoking cigarettes. It's definitely weird seeing them so calm around her, someone new, but what's even weirder is seeing how comfortable they are together.

"Anyways," Naya locks eyes with me, "I'm heading to the bathroom, but don't worry I'll tell you the rest of the story when I'm back," She laughs off and goes to the bathroom. "Anyone care to explain what type of Jackson Bollock is this?" I demand.

Sara looks at me weirdly, "What?" She asks with a pouty tone, "She's supposed to be dead?" I say as I turn to look at Ash, thinking if anyone would understand what I mean it would be him, but his face was just as clueless as Sara's, what the fuck is going on?

"She said she knows where Jeremiah is Ezekiel," Sara breaks the awkward silence, "She said she can help find him."

"Yeah well she is also presumably dead," I argue back, "How does that not scare the shit out of you?" I didn't hear the bathroom door open up, but I heard her speak from inches behind me, "does it scare you?" Naya whispered.

"What does?" I ask. Naya giggled and walked back into the room, "Anyways!" She squeaked, "Who's up for the next part of the story?" My heart started racing, my blood started heating up, and anger started eating away at my nerves.

I rushed back to the room, knocking over the portraits on the table on the way to the room. The world started getting smaller and smaller, second by second, until everything went dark. Their voices got distorted, and I couldn't hear them speaking anymore.

A light shined bright in my face as I laid there on the floor. "Which floor am I sleeping on?" I found myself wondering out loud, but the light replied to me, her voice hard to put into words, but her voice made my soul feel calm, collected, and at peace.

She spoke more, but then she stopped. She lifted me up and put me to bed, I couldn't hear Naya, Ash, or Sara anymore. The only voice I could hear was her voice as she took care of me. The darkness of my reality slowly started fading away, and I was finally putting things into place again.

"Baby," I hear her speak, "Are you awake?"

"Yes Ally," I smile, half asleep, "I'm up."

She immediately rushed and cuddled with me, "What happened babe?" She asked, but didn't give me time to reply before hitting me with another question, "Who did this to you?" I got up and pulled her closer to me, giggling, "No one hurt me my love." I kiss her on her forehead, "I think I just blacked out." I itch my eyes.

"Why?" She gets up and throws a shirt at me, "I mean what triggered it?" I put on the shirt and stare at her as she gets dressed, "Some privacy would be appreciated," She teases, "I'm sorry my lady I shan't look anymore," I laugh, "But I must admit, God took his time making you sweet angel."

She stopped getting ready and smiled at me from the mirror, "Thank you," She smirked, "But don't think you're going to get out of this conversation so easily." I get up and hug her from the waist, "Oh you know me so well don't you honey?" I kiss her on the neck, "Seriously," She gets away from me.

"I won't sit around quietly if someone is bothering you," I like the fact that she is slowly getting angry at me because she's worried, but it's quite fascinating, "What happened?" She asked again.

"Fine," I say, admitting my defeat, "It was Naya."

"What did this bitch want?" Alissa frowns, "It's not about what she wants, it's about what she said." I start making the bed, "Well," Alissa grabs my face and forces me to look at her, "What did she say?"

I look at Alissa long enough to know that there is no getting away from this conversation. It isn't that I don't want to share these things with her, It's just that I haven't even had time to myself to understand what it is that happened.

I mean for a second I was there talking to Ash and Sara, and the other I was on the floor seeing light and thinking Alissa was my guardian angel. "Well, I walked into the kitchen and I saw Ash, and Sara casually chilling around having beers and cigarettes with Naya." I say.

"I mean, what do you guys know about her for you to give her that much trust, but that's not the point. Naya went to the bathroom right?" I grab Alissa's arm and sit her next to me on bed, "So I went off at them. Asked them all sorts of questions, and then Sara said the weirdest thing ever."

"What did she say?"

"She told me that Naya can help us find Jeremiah," I shrug. " but I call bullshit."

"Well," Alissa takes a deep breath, "Then what happened?"

"I asked them how does it not scare them, you know, that she is a person who is presumably dead, and now she is acting too normal..." My eyes widened as I remembered her voice as she asked me does it scare you?

"There was terror in her voice, chaos, a sense of humanity that only wanted to inflict pain on others. She reminded me of Harley Quinn, society took away everything from her so now she will take everything from society." I pause. "I don't like this Alissa."

"I know baby," She lays her head on my shoulder, "I know." She repeats. "Well now what?" I ask as I kiss her on the head, "For the first time in a very long time I won't feel guilty when I say this."

"Say what?" I giggle, "What is it love?"

"You're asking me now what," She looks at me and smiles, "And I don't know now what... All I know is that I want to spend whatever is rest from the night with you and worry about none of this whole shit just for one day." She lets out a deep breath, "An us day Ezie."

I wanted to reply but my smile was in the way, so all I did was nod my head in agreement. We do need a day just for us, but with everything going on we can't have that. So at least we can settle for a night together.