Chapter Twenty-One

Now...

"God," Alissa sighed as she walked back and forth across the room, "I can't fucking believe we are being threatened for murder." She has been like this for the past two days. Stuck in her own world. Worried about death. "I mean what if he shows up today?" She asked, "What if he showed up right now?"

Alissa was clearly not in a good state of mind, but yet again, who was. She came and stood in front of me as I lay there on the couch. "Hello," She snapped her fingers, "Earth to Ezekiel."

"I'm sorry love," I said as I laid my head in my hands, "Just took a quick trip down memory lane is all." Alissa has been really supportive of me as well lately. Ever since Kyle's name got brought up I've been having constant daydreams of how it used to be back then.

I find myself in the car with Jeremiah more often than not nowadays. I see my mom and Abraham arguing over the littlest things, and then I snap out of it and come back to this horrid reality that we are all stuck in.

"Anyways," Alissa says as she grabs her bag, "I'm going to have lunch with the girls," She says before she heads out, but then she stops and walks back to me, "I love you okay?" She leans down and kisses me before disappearing out the door.

Alissa and I moved in together a week ago. Although it seems to me like ages have passed and we are a married couple. My brain still has time adjusting to the fact that all of this has happened in less than a year.

I decided to take a trip to Sara's office as I have nothing better to do at home, and the fact that Sara now holds my brother's journal in her hands means I visit her more often. I grab my phone and send her a text to alarm her that I am coming.

Sara: Okay, I'll get the beer ready.

***

"I don't know what's going on," I say, "He's all that I can think about." Sara was sitting at the end of the office. Going through her notes with other patients, but I don't like to think I am a patient at this point.

"Well Ezie," She says, "When are you going to tell her that you know who Kyle is?" Sara asks. I still haven't told Alissa that I know who Kyle is, or knew who Kyle was. If I were to see him right now I doubt that I will recognize him.

"I don't have an answer for that," I lied. I know exactly why I am hiding this from Alissa, but I'm simply too scared to admit it to myself. "If I did I would've told her." It was clear to me that Sara wasn't buying it, but she let it slide this time.

She took a sip from her beer, "I don't know what to say Ezie," She sighs, "I really don't." The room went quiet for a couple of minutes. Each of us is stuck in their own world of thought. I had one thing on my mind, and it was to find Kyle, before he finds us.

"What about Jeremiah's journal," I ask, "Any luck there?"

Sara takes out the book she was reading from under the table and shows it to me, "Still nothing," She says as she waves my brother's journal. "Trust me Ezie, If I find anything you'll be the first to know."

I hear the notification sound from my phone and I quickly take it out, It's Alissa.

Alissa: Come to Redchurch now.

Her text sent a rush through me, a rush of fear, a rush of worry. What could have possibly happened that she would be this urgent about it, I think to myself for a moment before Sara catches up.

"What's up?" Sara asks as she continues her beer. "It's Alissa," I say in a tense voice, "We need to get to Redchurch right now." The look on my eyes sends Sara jumping to get a change of clothes, and leaves me alone in a rush of negative thoughts.