Chapter 29

Aurora's POV : 

______________

"Good morning.." I smiled f as i walked to the kitchen where everybody was.

"Morning." my mother and sister said without looking at me.

jeez...

"Morning princess." my brother kissed my cheek.

I sat next to him while he wrapped me in his arms. "Skipping breakfast again?" Casper looked at me.

"You know I don't eat breakfast."

"You should, princess. Your body needs it." he smiled.

"Yeah i know. i'll just drink a coffee, as always." i hummed.

"We're leaving, bye." My mother's voice interrupted us as she closed the door behind her.

"Where are they going?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, i totally forgot. We have a business ball tomorrow, and Sophi wants to buy a new dress or something. I don't know."

"And I'm the last to know. Great." i rolled my eyes.

"No princess, I just have a lot of work these days and I'm dead tired-" Casper rubbed his eyes.

"It's fine."

"I'm sorry, princess." he held my hands and spoke with soft voice.

"So, we're all going, right?"

"Yeah, of course."

"What about Ezra?"

"He'll be there too. Why?"

"Nothing, just asking. Anyway, should I bring a date or something?"

"No, princess. It's not a public event. But, you can go with Ezra."

"What-?"

"Or John..?" he laughed.

Casper stood up and left to work while i kept staring at the floor. Ezra walked in scrolling his phone. "morning."

"Hey.." 

As he made his way to the kitchen, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, enticing his senses. Ezra had a routine that he followed every morning, and breakfast was an essential part of it. He opened the refrigerator and took out a carton of eggs, a pack of bacon, and a container of butter. He placed them on the countertop and reached for a frying pan from the cabinet. Turning on the stove, he set the temperature to medium and allowed it to heat up.

While waiting for the pan to warm, he toasted two slices of whole wheat bread in the toaster. The golden brown slices popped up, and he spread a generous amount of butter on each one, letting it melt into the warm surface.

By this time, the pan was hot enough, and he added a pat of butter to it, watching it sizzle and melt. He cracked a couple of eggs into a bowl and whisked them lightly with a fork, adding a pinch of salt and pepper for flavor. Pouring the beaten eggs into the pan, he heard the satisfying sizzle as they made contact with the hot surface. 

As the eggs cooked, he grabbed a plate and arranged a few slices of crispy bacon on it. The smell of the sizzling bacon mingled with the aroma of brewing coffee, creating a mouthwatering combination. He poured himself a cup of steaming hot coffee and took a sip, relishing the rich flavor.

how can he be hot just by making his breakfast? Jeez...

Turning his attention back to the eggs, Ezra gently flipped them over, ensuring they cooked evenly on both sides. Once they reached the desired level of doneness, he carefully transferred them to the plate, placing them next to the bacon. The perfectly cooked eggs had a golden, slightly crispy exterior with a soft, creamy center.