Chapter 6

Aurora's POV
______________

dear dairy,

Depression is like a heaviness that you can't ever escape. It crushes down on you, making even the smallest things like tying your shoes or chewing on toast seem like a twenty-mile hike uphill.

Depression is a part of you; it's in your bones and your blood.

Many say I'm not the emotional type except that they don't know the truth.

The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy and love.

Strange that I have become to see people in a different way. I always see that they end up leaving. They will leave you alone anyway in the darkness of emptiness and the loneliness of survival.

Nevertheless, I have fantasies of holding your hand and revealing the pain in my chest.

I see you trying to get close to me day after day, but I still hold you back so that you don't cross the high wall of my heart. I see you opening a hole in one of its walls to gain his attention.

I see you hug me when you see my sadness that I spent my life hiding from people. I see you accompany me with your kind words, may you make my heart soften towards you.

I'm afraid to let you pass and you make my heart hurts.

I was in the car with Ezra going to school in the morning as he asked to give me a ride.

"So do you have any plans for the night?" Ezra asked looking at my face.

"Uhm, no not really." I assured.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 8pm." He beamed.

I was excited but didn't want to show it.

"Fine." I smiled lightly.

I got out of the car and walked over to Millie, who was waiting for me.

"Well? Did you two become close?" Mil spoke.

"Millie, stop it. We're just friends. But..." I smiled shyly.

"Yeah?"

"I think he's going to take me on a date."

"What?" She was surprised.

I was too.

"He told me he would pick me up at eight."

"Awesome. I'll be there to get you ready."

"Get me ready?" I asked.

"You didn't think you'd be alone, did you?"