26

chapter 26

|Pretty Boy – the neighbourhood|

•••

We are in the French Rivera, Nice has been our vacation destination for the next few days. The days have been relatively the same, uneventful, but relaxing. Living in a bubble of love and relaxation is just what we've been wishing for lately.

Since the last comeback and world tour, me and Han have been craving time together, and time to relax too, and what better destination than far away from home, far away from the media, from the hectic Seoul. And a new country for the both of us to visit. Since the only place we visited was Paris, but just for 2 days since the kids had a concert to give, so we stayed there but couldn't visit the city. Naturally, we decided that the perfect place to relax would be by the Mediterranean Sea. The warm temperatures clash with the warm but refreshing salty sea. The sun kisses my face and my hair embraces the sea breeze - the only source of freshness even though the clock times 8 a.m..

"Babe... come back to the bed." A raspy voice says from behind me and I chuckle but turn to face the voice.

A cute Jisung is looking back at me, his eyes are almost closed, clearly trying to not fall back asleep. I fluster at the view, feeling my cheeks become slightly pink. Damn, this man has too much power over my emotions. She thinks to herself while getting back to the bed, not to sleep, but to wake up Han in a playful way.

"WAKE UP YOU SLOTH" Eunwoo shouts and jumps to the bed embracing Jisung and peppering him with kisses all over his face.

"Babyyyy i want to sleepppp" Jisung whines cutely which makes Eunwoo uwu even more, but she doesn't stop her goal of getting Han out of bed, so she starts tickling him.

•••

We are now at the top of the hotel, the exclusive rooftop that has an amazing view of the small village, the people are no longer at the beach, but at the restaurants and cafes, enjoying the sea breeze and the end of sun light on the horizon. "It's so beautiful." Eunwoo comments while taking a simple picture of the view and immediately sharing it on the group chat with the others. "Sungie, don't you agree?" Eunwoo asks due to the lack of comment from Jisung. But he still doesn't answer, so she looks back at him and gasps with the view in from of her.

"Sungie, I-"

In front of Eunwoo stands kneeled on one knee Jisung, with a box opened and a ring popping out.

"Eunwoo, since the day I met you at that concert in Seoul my heart has been beating for you. Since the second I got to know you my whole body has been living for you. I never thought it was possible to love someone the way I love you. You crowd my head and thoughts like you own them, you are my priority always and forever. And so, I stand here on one knee, to ask you, will you make me the happiest man on earth by marrying me?"

"Yes, yes, yes. A million times yes." Eunwoo answers and embraces Jisung on a tight hug, not letting him go and kissing him on the lips. The love that runs through the both of them can be felt just by looking at them in the distance. These two were made of each other and no one can ever separate them.

•••

[1 year later]

Sometimes I look back at the time and wonder how my life would be if I had decided on a different path. If I didn't go to that concert. If I didn't go to the restaurant after a college day. If I had forgotten to check my pockets and text you. What if I had simply given up on us after I came back to Seoul. What if I had lost Jiwoo in that accident? Or if I hadn't had your support during her recovery.

I always have so many questions, but in the end, I always come to the same conclusion, I wouldn't be me. And honestly, even with all the pain, I don't think I wanted it any other way. It is our story. Our way of doing things. It wasn't perfect. It was filled with issues, pain, hard words and hardships. But it was also filled with admiration, love, inspiration, kindness and fondness.

And I can feel our connection, our love, every time I look at you. Every time my eyes land on you, a smile creeps into my face. Your round eyes, your beautiful smile that is always so wide and perfect. The sound of your laugh when someone comments on something you found funny. The random sounds you make when we are just chilling together. The way your mind works still amazes me to this day.

You, Han Jisung, are the love of my life. Being able to stand here, in front of you, and in front of our families and friends makes this to be the happiest moment of my life. Being able to stand here and tell you how much I love you, and cherish you makes me love you and our relationship even more. But, from everything, what I love the most about standing here today is being able to call you my husband, and for you to call me your wife.

I, Han Park Eunwoo, take you as my husband, and I promise to always be by your side, in the good moments and in the bad moments. I have loved you since the very first day I met you, and I promise to love you till my last day.

After reading my vows, I look at Jisung after reading the last word and he's crying too, but the both of us are smiling. I can feel his love and happiness, it feels like it's running through my veins.

"I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The priest announces after I read the vows since Jisung had already read him, we kiss intensely and happily, and the crowd of family and close friends goes wild, and he cheers even more with them. Jisung suddenly pulls me up and carries me bridal style outside the chapel and puts me in the limousine waiting outside for us both to leave the chapel and go to the dinner and party venue.

In the car we both hold hands and Jisung kisses me on the forehead. "I love you so much Eunwoo." He whispers and I let a small hmm in contentment. I'm the happiest I have ever been. I couldn't possibly think of anything that would make me happier than to be here enrolled with my husband, holding hands and sharing little kisses, not being able to stop smiling and feeling like I hold the whole world in my heart, where Jisung belongs.

"I love you too, Husband."

the end.

*

*

*

Hi hi, this is the end of this story. I'm not planning on writing an epilogue, but we will see...

I know it's very short, but I definitely felt like it was sweet and simple, I was starting to feel like the story didn't have a way to go, so I wanted to end it in a sweet and simple way.

Thank you so much to all of you who read, voted, commented, and supported this story. I'm immensely thankful for everyone who read this story till the end. Also, a special thank you to everyone who was patient enough to wait for me to finish writing it, it took me longer than I ever imagined.

I'll be coming back with another story for the Soulmate AU, if you want to get an update on it follow me so you get a notification (only if you want obv). Once again, thank you all so so much.

Your lovely author,

- tangerines_and_tae