Chapter 43

*insert zombie noises* I have risen.

Harry wasn't kidding. So many people showed up. I was surprised to see how many kids showed up. Louis told me most of them were runaways that they've picked up and given a roof over their heads. Harry makes sure all of them are with his men and checks in on them. All of the people he invited are also so nice.

Who would've thought gang members would be some of the best people I've talked to? Seriously. They all offered to help Ada and practically all of them brought alcohol. Apparently after dinner, the drinking games start. The ones who have the kids obviously don't participate and they end up going home with leftovers to last days.

And when they said drinking games, they meant drinking games. After we ate the boys brought any bottles they could find into the movie room. I'm really glad I ate all that stuffing now. I have a feeling I'm going to end up throwing up before the night is over.

"Alright, sunshine?" Harry asks, with a little laugh. "Your eyes look like they're about to pop out of your head."

"How much are we about to drink?"

"Depends what movie we decide to watch."

"What are the options?"

"Elf or Grinch."

"Christmas movies? A drinking game with Christmas movies? Why do we need all this alcohol?"

"Of course. Have you never gotten drunk while watching Elf?" Harry asks, tilting his head a little.

"Christmas was always something we had secretly. Oliver loved it, he used to sneak us into the living room at night to watch them. Getting drunk would've added to the risk. We only ever got caught once." I didn't want to think about that right now.

Harry seemed to already know that so he just nodded, "You want to pick the movie?"

"Hey no favoritism! We'll vote like always!" One of the boys yells. Justin I think was his name.

Harry frowns, but I agree with him. "I vote for whichever one will get me the most fucked up."

Justin smiles widely, "A girl after my own heart. You're sitting with me."

Harry rolls his eyes before Louis pulls his attention away. "Alright everyone! Let's get comfortable and then we'll decide on a movie, yeah? As usual we have blankets and pillows for everyone who's staying. If you're drinking you're staying, so Niall will be collecting keys. So hand them over and let's have a good time."

Harry laughs more to himself and mutters, "It's not like any of them are leaving." Then to me, "Come on I have a surprise upstairs for you." He tugs me along behind him.

"Hey you two! No funny business while we're all here. Wait until the morning." Someone shouts.

"It's my house!" Harry says, flipping them off.

"You have 10 minutes to get your asses back down here or we start without you!"

Harry waved them off, "All of them are such a pain in my ass."

That made me laugh, "You guys are so funny."

Harry shoots me a look as we head up to his room. I guess I should call it our room at this point.

"Sooo what's my surprise?"

"You'll see."

"But why can't you just tell me?"

Harry laughs, "Someone's impatience."

"What can I say? I'm not a big fan of surprises. I just like to know things."