Chapter 19

Harry's POV

I hang up the phone with Louis and throw it against the couch. Fuck. My hand brushes through my hair as I exhale.

I fucked up. Of course she's upset. What was I thinking, just leaving. Louis' upset too. I don't even want to know how Niall is feeling right now.

I fall back onto the couch holding my hand over my eyes.

I need to earn her trust. Leaving definitely ruined any possible trust that was there. You stupid fuck.

I need to unpack. Sitting here isn't going to help me. I sigh and push myself off the couch.

I didn't think she'd care this much. I can't help but smile a little. She cared enough to be angry, that counts for something.

I think back to the last time I saw her as I sort through the clothes.

She looked absolutely beautiful. That dress Jesus. It's a wonder how no one had a heart attack in her presence. She definitely drew attention to herself.

Dani noticed her. Of course she did, Sage is hard to miss. I just wish she didn't notice her in that way. Her words ring in my head still and I just want them out.

She reminds me of her. You have a type, Styles.

Ever since she pointed it out that's all I can see. They're so similar. Sage is more confident, but the way they express themselves- its uncanny.

It threw me off and got in my head, I hadn't even realized I was acting differently until she called me out. She's so sure of herself. I can't remember the last time someone other than my friends called me out. It's refreshing, honestly. I didn't want to be the man everyone feared. Things don't always go the way you want. I sigh and think more about how she looked that night.

She stood there, looking like an angel, the lights creating a silhouette. Truly breathtaking. Everything about her draws me in. She's so unafraid to be herself.

I wanted to be open with her, but I can't not yet. This isn't a friendship, not yet. I need to remember that. People aren't kind. People use your weaknesses against you. I refuse to lose anyone else. So until I know I can trust her, we keep things professional.

I hope one day it can be a friendship. When we went to get those slushee things I could really see it being more than a business opportunity. Her eyes lit up while watching me try the sugary drink. I half expected her to burst from how excited she got.

I really want one of those things again. Maybe I can use that as a bridge to fix this mess I've made. Maybe I can convince Louis to come so she doesn't kill me and ditch the body.

I don't even understand why I left. I just need to get away from everything here.

I miss her. She's been gone for 6 years now. Time moves too fast. I can't keep up half the time. Those people are still out there. They need to pay for what they did. I won't rest until they do.

I clench my jaw. Maybe with Sage, they will.

She agreed to work with me. Now let's pray I didn't ruin that by leaving.

We shared that moment on the cliff. I don't know what came over me but I just wanted to hold her. I wanted her to be close to me. I'm so glad she did.

I haven't danced with someone in so long, I missed it. Maybe that's what set off the alarms in my head. I can't get too close, not yet. This isn't a friendship.

I flop back on to the bed and close my eyes. Surrounded by clothes left out from when I packed this stupid bag. After I dropped her off, I packed a bag and just left. I didn't think twice about it, I never do. I threw clothes around my room, shoving them into the suitcase.