Chapter 24

Leaving this so I can say hi to everyone!

Harry and I part ways, he walks behind down the hall and disappears into one of the rooms. I wonder how big this place actually is. The upstairs is beautiful and so is the dining room. I wonder if Harry designed it or just got lucky. It seems old. Should I ask or would that be considered rude. I sigh and run my hand along the banister, walking up to the room.

It's none of my business. I shouldn't ask, I don't want to make him mad. Father always hated when I asked things. Harry isn't like him. Just because they both have power doesn't make them the same.

I feel my breathing pick up. Bringing up Oliver to Ada wasn't a good idea. Now Jo and Ada know about him. I don't know why I became so sentimental about our birthday pancakes. He's been on my mind a lot lately. I know he'll be texting soon. Never misses a birthday or holiday.

I shake my head. He could find me so easily, but he doesn't. He knew I was the one who did it, yet he let me have my inheritance. I don't understand him. He worshiped our father. He did everything he asked. I shudder, he was always nice to me. I miss the days when Oliver and I would sit out by the old tree. I could never bring myself to tell him what our father did. What he let all those men do.

I clench my jaw and fists. I need to stop thinking about this. I need to stop now. I'll get myself all worked up and I don't need that right now. Let's just take a breath. I bent down and put my jeans on from last night. I think I'll keep this shirt for a little. I'm sure Harry won't mind. It's not like I won't be around.

A knock on the door makes me jump. I pick up Harry's knife and fold up my clothes quickly, leaving the sweats and my sweater on the bed. I'll get it later.

"Come on in." I yell.

Harry opens the door and smiles, "You wearing that today?"

I glance down and smooth out the shirt, "I didn't feel like re-wearing the sweater. Plus this shirt is so comfy."

"I'm glad you like it. You're welcome to keep it. I have plenty just like it."

"This is yours?" I ask, holding out the shirt slightly. Looks like I was right.

"Yeah, don't make a big deal out of it."

"Are you sure I can keep it?"

Harry smirks and takes a few steps towards me. He hesitates before lifting my head up to look him in the eye, "It looks a hell of a lot better on you, sunshine."

He doesn't move and neither do I. I find myself glancing down at his lips. They look so soft. I wonder what they would feel like against mine.

"Is there something you want?" He asks in a low voice.

I lick my lips softly. No stop. Stop that right now. I shake my head and take a step back.

"Actually I need to give this back to you. I was so tired last night I completely forgot I had it." I say handing him the rose knife.

Harry clears his throat and looks down at the knife, "Keep it for now. I'll get it back another time."

"Harry I don't wanna take your knife too."

"It's not like you won't be seeing me. Tell you what when the cafe opens back up, I'll come by and get it. Deal?"

"Fine, but don't take too long or I'll just keep it." I tease.

"Hmm, maybe I'll have to get you one of your own." Harry teases back. He's gotten more comfortable around me. He's touching me more and I don't mind it.