Chapter 17

I rush up the stairs. Practically skipping. As I reach my floor I see someone standing in front of a door.

I can't tell if it's my door. You know what. It's probably my door.

"I'll look on the positive side. At least they aren't in my house." I mutter to myself.

As I get closer I make out the features.

Louis? What is he doing here?

"Hey Princess. Where have you been?" He says with a smile. A smile that falls when he sees me. "Hey what happened? Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not. Why are you here?"

"You've been quiet for a week. I wanted to check on you." He says softly. I'm getting deja vu. What is with everyone wanting to "check on me". It's fucking weird.

"Well as you can see I am perfectly fine. I'm in no mood to fight tonight so if that's all..." I say punching in the code to my door.

"Okay, I'll just leave you be." He says shoving his hands in his pockets.

"No... wait." I say, sighing to myself, "Do you want to come in? I've had a shit couple of weeks and today has just been the cherry on top. I really don't want to be alone right now."

I turn to face him and his face softens. "Yeah, sure. Sure Princess."

"Thank you." I say, my voice cracking. I open the door up and walk inside. Louis follows behind me.

"No need to thank me." He says.

"Do you want something to drink?" I ask heading into the kitchen.

"Are you sure you should drink right now?" He asks following me.

I let out a bitter laugh as I grab the bottles down from the cabinet, "No I probably shouldn't but I don't want to feel right now."

"And you're okay with drinking while.... while I'm here?"

"Yep." I say grabbing a cup and pouring a generous amount of whiskey into. "You wouldn't be stupid enough to try anything. Not anymore at least. Not since the deal." I say taking a swig.

I feel the burn trickle down my throat. I close my eyes and just let the warmth take over. This is disgusting, I should've put ice in here or something. I just need something to make this stop.

"I wouldn't have tried anything regardless of the deal Princess. Why don't we order a pizza or something? We can eat and drink while watching a movie, is that okay?" He asks like I'm going to break if he speaks too fast.

I'm so tired of being treated like I'm some fragile thing. I toss back the rest of the glass and pull out some ice.

"Sounds fine to me. Honestly right now I don't care. I just want this to stop. I want it all to stop." I say pouring more liquor over the ice.

I take another gulp and just try to forget. Forget Harry ignoring me. Forget Milly in the hospital. Forget I'm dangerous. Forget I'm a person. Forget, forget, forget. I just want it to stop.

Louis walks over and takes the glass from my hand, and sets it behind him. I'm really not in the fucking mood.

"Give it back. I'm not in the mood to deal with this right now."

"No, look I don't know what's going on and I won't ask, but I know that this," he says holding up the glass, "isn't going to help. Drinking like that will only bring more suffering Princess. Trust me."

I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down. "Okay. Let's order a pizza, find a movie, and drink together. I need to just not be in my head right now, Pretty Eyes."