Chapter 39

Sage's POV

Deep breaths girlie, deep breaths. You can do this, you can do this, it's just a little soap. Harry needs me and I need to stop being a chicken. "Okay one two three go!" I clean it out to the best of my ability and place a bandage over it.

It's really not as bad as I thought. It's a little deep on my cheek but for the most part it'll heal fast. The tail ends basically like a scratch. If my cheeks were smaller, I probably wouldn't have freaked Harry out. I clean everything up quickly and take out my phone to text the boys.

TO Lucky Charms and Pretty Eyes

Hey... Just so you guys know we got shot at tonight while driving. We're okay! Harry seems a bit shaken up so be nice. They ruined our car, I don't know whose job it is to fix it but I don't want it around. Whoever did this knew it was us, so watch your backs. Meet here tomorrow, let's say noon. I'm pissed.

I hit send and pulled my hair back making my way back to Harry's room. When I walk in he's still sitting on the bed.

"Hey hot shot. Let's get you in the bath. Or would a shower be better for you? Is being here okay or do you need space? I can give you space. Don't worry about me." I mutter.

"Stay with me." He says. His voice is rushed as though he can't get the words out fast enough. "I just want to be with you."

"Yeah I can do that. Do you want to shower or take a bath?" I ask, wrapping my arms around him. His head lays against my chest. I kiss his hair and rub my hands along his back.

"I don't care."

"Okay let's sit in the bath. It'll help you relax a bit."

He nods and stands up holding my hand as he leads. When we reach the tub, he starts to get undressed. I feel my cheeks heat up and turn my head to the side.

I hear him chuckle, "Can't watch me undress? Such a shy little devil."

My cheeks flush more, "Hush. I just wanted to give you a little privacy."

"Mmm. I'll give you yours as well" He says, turning his head.

I blink for a moment. My privacy? What do I need privacy for? "I want you to join me, sunshine." He says still facing the other way. "If you're okay with that."

"You want me to get in with you?"

"I just want to hold you."

I nod to myself and undress before stepping into the tub. Harry's head turns to me and he doesn't move. He just looks at me for a minute. I've never been one to shy away from a person's glance but at this moment all I want to do is cover up.

"You're so beautiful." Harry whispers, as he gets in with me.

My cheeks flush and he pulls me in between his legs. My head rests against him, his arms wrapped around me. He kisses the side of my head gently. He doesn't say anything, he just holds me tight. We stay like this for a while.

My mind starts wondering, I'm really pissed off. I want whoever did this dead and I want to be the one to kill them. They fucking shot me, and it hurts. They made Harry worry. I'm so mad. I'll make the boys help me hunt these bastards down. I hope all of them burned in the car. I'll find out who gave them their orders. They started a war with the wrong girl.

Harry kisses my shoulder and rubs small circles on my stomach. I just want to protect him.

"Do you want to talk about tonight?" I ask softly, dripping water down his arm.

"I'm angry."

"I am too. They ruined your car." I pout. "It was a really nice car."

"That's not why I'm angry, sunshine. They put you in danger. They managed to hurt you. I couldn't give a shit about the car."