Chapter 23

"Sunshine, we're back." Harry's voice softly calls out. I groan in response. I hear him laugh softly. "Come on, let's get you upstairs."

"Shh I'm sleeping."

"I know, but I need you to be awake for a minute. You can't stay in the car."

"I don't wanna walk."

"Okay, how are you supposed to get upstairs?" He asks.

"Carry me?" I ask, picking my head up softly, my eyes fluttering to adjust to the light.

"Are you okay with that?"

"Mhmm legs don't work."

"Okay, let me come around. I want you to stay awake for me though."

I watch as he gets out of the car, taking both of our cups with him. He disappears behind the car. I just want to lay back down. I rest my head against the window. I can't go to sleep, Harry said to stay awake. I pick my head back up and open the car door. Maybe this was his way of getting me to walk. Annoying asshole.

I close the door behind me and walk around the big SUV, bumping into Harry.

"Hey sunshine," He says with a smirk, "looks like your legs are working. I'll show you where your room is."

"No, wait, please carry me. I'm so tired and you owe me."

"All you had to do was ask. Come here." He says holding his arm out.

I take a step forward as he scoops me up. I hold on to his neck and lay my head on his shoulder. His arms hold me close to his body.

"You touch my ass, you die." I mutter.

Harry lets out a loud laugh, "I wouldn't expect anything less."

I smile into his neck and place a soft kiss there, "Thank you for carrying me."

I feel his body tense up and he shakes his head, "Anything for you."

He carries me through the house and up the stairs, before putting me down on the bed. I watch as he drops down to his knee and takes my shoes off for me.

My heart clenches in my chest. This stupid small gesture makes me feel like crying. He puts them off to the side of the dresser before opening the middle drawer. He pulls out a black t-shirt and some pants.

"Am I in your room?" I ask, feeling a slight panic. I stand up and take a step away from the bed.

"No no you aren't. You're okay. All of the rooms have clothes in them. People either leave them or Addy gets things so the guests are comfortable. Louis and Niall stay all the time, it's just a habit."

"Nikki too? Is that why there's clothes for me?" Why do I sound like that? It's none of my business. I shouldn't care.

"Her and other friends. How do you know Nikki?" He says, placing the clothes on the bed.

"So I'm sleeping in your girlfriend's clothes. Listen I don't know much about girl code, but this feels kind of wrong. I'll just sleep in this." I say gesturing down to my clothes, ignoring his question.

"She's not my girlfriend and these aren't her clothes. They're her sisters."

"They're Jo's? You've slept with Jo too? I can't imagine how that conversation went."

"So you know Jo as well?" He asks while sitting on the bed. "Mind explaining?"

"Jo took me home that night you held me hostage. Nikki was also here as I'm sure you know."