Chapter 36

Seeing Pretty Eyes in real life was unreal... I am not okay at all

My heart won't stop pounding. I feel like he's gonna be mad, but I'm supposed to be mad. Too much has happened in the past two hours. I can't keep up. Mentally I don't know how the fuck I'm feeling. After Louis gave me my phone he went radio silent, staring off into space. I'm sitting on the floor, I just needed to feel grounded. The guilt is making me feel sick, I should've just been patient and let them talk to Harry.

"He's not mad at you." Niall says breaking the silence, sliding down next to me.

"I feel like he's going to be. Just like you guys were. I don't know what to do." I sigh. I don't want him to be mad at all. I'm supposed to be the mad one. I'm the one that had shit to talk to him about.

"You're such an idiot," Niall sighs, pulling my arm so I fall onto his shoulder. "We weren't mad, we're worried. You do things without thinking and it stresses us out. You're very capable of handling yourself, but that doesn't mean we won't worry. Let us help you."

"You're such a softy, lucky charms." I smile.

"Are you going to bring up Jo now too?" Louis asks, walking over to us.

"Might as well get everything out in the open." I shrug, "He already knows I know so if the ships already on fire might as well blow it up?"

"Fuck my life, you are going to take 10 years off my life. Niall, where's the alcohol in this dirt shack."

Niall scowls, "It's in my office. Call it a dirt shack again and I'll dump worms in your bed."

"Now's not the time to drink. I need answers and I need them now." Harry's voice echoes through the store.

I think I about shit myself.

"Harry... buddy... how's it hanging?" Louis says with an awkward smile and wave.

"Louis." His voice is so stern. Why is it kinda sexy? Sage, now is not the time.

"Hey hot shot," I say standing up, I dust my pants off and offer a hand to Niall, " it seems I may have made a mistake."

Harry says nothing, he just walks over and pulls me into a big huge. On instinct I flinch, not expecting such a huge gesture. He kisses my hair and pulls back, only to rest his forehead against mine.

"I take it you aren't mad at me."

He laughs softly, "No, sunshine I'm not mad at you."

"Are you mad at the boys?"

"No. They couldn't have done anything. I'm not mad at anyone." He pulls back and sighs, "I just want to know what that fucker thinks he's doing."

Niall stands with his arms crossed, "He made it pretty clear he wants us to stop investigating our members. He doesn't want us to stumble across his men. Dirty fucking rats all of them."

"We have his "pets" running around within our men. I thought it was strange so many people were part of that ring. It makes more sense now." Louis says. "They've probably been there since before you took over."

"Did he threaten her?" Harry asks.

"Yeah," Louis' voice turns dark, "After she held a knife to his throat and threatened to cut off his hands and feed them to him, he told her to be careful."

I feel like I shouldn't be here, but Harry holds me close to his side. His grip is tense, as though if he lets go I'll disappear. I wonder if this has to do with Scarlett.