Chapter 2

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. I groan and roll over to turn it off. The sun isn't even up yet this is so stupid. I lay in bed for a few minutes trying to work up the motivation to move. If I don't get up soon I'm going to be late. Sitting up I stretch my arms up above my head. I sigh and move the blankets and get out of bed. I fold them back over top and smoothing down any wrinkles. I smile and place my hands on my hips. Walking over to the wall, I flick on the lights in my room and head to my closet to figure out something to wear. I pick out some black jeans and a muddy green sweater. It's getting colder outside as it gets closer to Fall. I lay the clothes out on my bed. I twirl around and make my way into the living room. I flick on the lights and turn on the TV. I turn the channel to some random news station.

" Late last night the infamous S killer stuck again. We come to you live from an alleyway just off of Jefferson and Mckinlee-" The TV says as I walk into the bathroom. Same story every time. Next they're going to start saying to travel in groups, don't go out alone. All the same story I was there was some sort of originality. I pick up my toothbrush, put toothpaste on and start to brush my teeth. Next they'll say that the police have no new leads.

" As of right now the police only have one new lead" the TV anchor says and I choke on my toothbrush. I feel a slight panic rush through my veins. I rush over to the TV with my toothbrush hanging out of my mouth. " The victim was found to be an active member of the malicious gang Vexatious. The police as well as many at home believe this could be a typical gang killing. Vexatious is known to be ruthless and cold; it is not hard to believe they would kill their own in such a way." I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. Well if I wasn't awake before I'm definitely awake now. I walk back into the bathroom to finish brushing my teeth. I spit into the sink and risine my mouth out with some water. I grab my brush brushing my hair and pulling in up into a high ponytail. I adjust the ponytail a little pulling out strands around my face. I leave the bathroom and head toward my room turning the light off. I pull my shirt over my head and grab a black lace bralette and matching underwear. Gotta dress for you. Confidence comes from wearing matching undergarments and having no one see them. I stand by that. Give yourself a show everyone in a while. I giggle and walk over to my stand up mirror in the corner of the room. I look myself up and down. Turning around to see how my ass looks in these.

" Damn girl look at you! You look great. Look at the muscle definition. Who knew murder would be such a great workout for you. You look so healthy, your skin is practically glowing. " I praise myself in the mirror. I give myself one final look up and down. I twirl around and start getting dressed. " Hey ALEXA shuffle songs by Fleetwood Mac." She dings before The Chain starts playing through her speakers. I jump up pulling my jeans buttoning them up. I shake my butt to the music and dance around pulling the sweater over my head careful not to mess up my hair. I pull the shirt down and take a look in the mirror. " Yes Sage! You look so cute!" I praise myself again.

Walking over to my vanity I sit down and switch on the light. My vanity is all white to match my room with a big circular mirror. The mirror is surrounded with big bulb lights. I make a kissy face at my reflection. I grab my eyeliner and do a soft line on my top lid. I decided against a wing today. I curl my lashes just a bit before running a mascara wand through them. I pick up some clear lip gloss and swipe some on. I stand up checking myself in the mirror one last time. Looks good to me. I walk over to my bedside and pick up my phone. It's 7:23 I have to be there at 8. I guess I can have a muffin at the shop today. I walk over to my closet grabbing my hightops before putting them on. I walk around the house turning all my lights off and opening the blinds. The sun is up now. Walking into my spare bedroom, I grab one of my favorite knives off the weapons wall. I bend down, slipping it in between my sock and my shoe. I've made it a habit to always carry some sort of knife with me.