I was highly doubting that. Maybe I'd be laughing, but not him. I'd find a way to kill that winged bastard.

I tried to keep my gaze steady, my body trembling from all the adrenaline rushing through my veins, my mind raced as I tried to find a way out of this but there was this one reoccurring thought, this one existential question that just couldn't wait.

"Wheres God in all this?"

Zachariah was quiet for so long, I almost thought he'd tell me God didn't exist in the first place.
But something in his face told a different story.
"God? God has left the building."

×Angie POV×

Fighting our ways into the church had been crazy.
Although Sam and I had tried our hardest not to use our powers, we couldn't possibly handle all those demons at once.

There were so many attacks out of the blind spots, so many of those demons trying to wrestle us to the grounds just by jumping us from behind.

It was like fighting through an army, at least 50 of Lilith's demons standing in our way. All the people who already got exorcized were stumbling around, crying and confused but we just didn't have time to stop and explain to them what was going on.

When we made our way to the door, I was already feeling deeply exhausted.

My sides were cramping, my throat was dry and my skin tight.
Sam looked over at me and I knew he wanted to ask me, to at least give me the option to turn around.

Before he could voice that thought, I got a hold on the handle, opening the door.
There wasn't a plan B here.
And there weren't any other people to carry out our Plan A either.
Just us.

If we didn't do this right now, Lilith would break the last seal. There was no way I'd be backing out right now.

So we stepped in.
As soon as my feet hit the ground I could feel something weakening me. I sucked in a deep breath, calming my heart down.
"This place is warded against angels.", I whispered to Sam. "But it's gonna be okay."

It had to be okay.

Sam just trusted my judgement and kept moving forwards with me.

And there she was, sitting in front of the altar in a white dress.
Like she was a sacrifice for someone.
Lilith hadn't changed her vessel since I saw her in the lake: She was still possessing a young blonde woman, her lips a deep read and her eyes attentive and awake.

Next to her stood a demon. I knew it was Alastair before he even got to open his mouth. I recognized his energy by now, recognized the evil rotting inside of what was once a soul.

I wanted to curl into myself, to hide myself but there was nowhere to go. My instinct to flee this was so loud, I couldn't even think straight.
I sensed a warm, steady hand between my shoulder blades. Sam.

I didn't know if he realized he was helping me by doing that or maybe he just needed the contact himself but still, I was beyond thankful to have him by my side.

"My two favorite abominations: The boy with the demon blood and the nephilim.", Alastair laughed.
I didn't answer and somehow it was worse.
My fear shifted into anger.

"Lilith first.", Sam reminded me, subtly shaking his head.
It was bold of him to assume I'd survive killing Lilith.
Maybe he was lying to calm me down.
And I'd hold onto that lie if I had to.

"Wanna give it a try with Lilith? Heard you guys practiced a lot..", Alastair commented as if he had heard our interaction all the way across the church.

This was the moment I should've known something was wrong.
My instincts, my internal alarm system was screaming at me that Lilith wouldn't just let us experiment on her. She had been scared at the lake, she must believe there was at least a small chance of us actually killing her.

But I shoved that away, focusing on the fear of Lucifer coming back from hell. That just couldn't happen.
It couldn't.

"What? You got here and now you're hesitating, Angelia? Maybe you're not as strong as you thought, hmm?" Lilith was mocking me, purring at this point. "Did my little army already slow you down?"

I grabbed Sam's hand, going forward with him until we were only a few metres apart from Lilith and Alastair.
My steps were determined, confident.
As much as I wanted to fry Hells greatest Torturer, Lilith was our priority. She had to be.

There was one last silent agreement between Sam and me before I shot out every single energy strand I had in myself...