11

×Dean POV×

This house was just freaking insane. Insane as in rich people insane.
The bathroom had a tiled walk in shower which could accommodate at least 4 people.

The tiles were a lustrous color and appeared so neat and clean I would eat off them if I wanted to.
When Sammy said I could pass time by taking a shower, I had been sceptical but now I was about to do exactly that.

The different shower heads just confused me so I left all the settings as they were. I wasn't sure of it but I thought I was left with "rain shower".

Even though I would never admit it to Angie this shower was freaking awesome. I felt like I was given a massage by the water. Without looking at the labels, I kind of just threw some shampooing on my hair and body. It smelled really nice and flowery somehow. I didn't even know it could do that, I thought shampoo was mainly to keep you clean.

I stayed in the shower for way longer than necessary but I couldn't really bring myself to step out. The contents of the conversation with Angie and Sam just kept repeating over and over in my head.

Alastair "missing" Angie and I terrified me. The demon was so fucking sick and twisted that I couldn't even bring myself to tell my own brother how I was shredded and ripped apart in 1000 ways and then forced me to do the same to other souls. To even come up with that idea.. Alastair wasn't only a psychopath but a really creative one too.

Sam thought I was trying to spare him by lying about my time in Hell but partly, I also wanted to protect myself. In that cave, I had basically been Alastairs bitch, his... well, he described it best himself, his play toy.

Sure, I was rescued by the angels but who guaranteed me that when I'd die all over again I wouldn't just end up the same way? Especially after what I've done to those innocents in Hell?
Now that I knew what was coming, it was even worse than last time.
I wasn't only scared, I was terrified.

I wished I couldn't feel a damn thing.

And then there was Angie. Why did I promise her we'd kill Alastair if I had no fucking clue how we could ever manage to achieve that?
Because she made me impulsive. With every word, with every look it was like she hit a nerve inside of me I didn't know I even had. Rationally, I was sure she was bad news.

My skin was red from the heat and my fingers already shrumpled because of the dehydration. I quickly changed into new clothes and decided I needed to get another beer. That the kitchen was connected to the living room was only a convenient bonus.

Okay, that was a lie. I was really fucking curious what Sam and her were talking about. It annoyed me that she wanted me so bad to go away but didn't seem to have an issue with my brother. I was aware I wasn't exactly the best at comforting people.

Sam once told me it was because our dad never gave us any sense of understanding or comfort either and now I was just awkward. I just cracked some bad joke about how my strength to comfort people restricted itself to woman in my bed but we both knew it bothered me.

I was trying to be as silent as possible when I came near the living room. When I didn't hear anyone talking, a suspicion crept up inside of me. What if they were fucking each oth..?

I let out a relieved sigh when I saw that Sammy was just reading a book on the armchair and Angie was lying on the couch next to him, covered under a blanket.

"You should really try out the shower.", I greeted my brother. He just looked up from his book and shook his head.

"What about our little snoop dog here?", I asked, stepping next to Angie. She was laying down on her belly and if she wasn't breathing inconsistently, I would've thought she was relaxed.