45

×Angie POV×

Sam had taken up the responsability to bathe every ring in the juvelier shop in holy water.

Dean and I already headed back to the motel. The drive was silent and full of invisible electricity.

None of us mentioned that the curse didn't affect us because neither of us actually cheated out of the engagement. I wasn't sure how far the magic reached, if it just required the basic sentiment of commitment or actual love. Nevertheless, this whole thing let me know that I wasn't insignificant to Dean.

"We should've given Sam the ring so he can get your money back.", I forced out as soon as we arrived at the motel, going to my room first because I had forgotten a hoodie in there.

Dean's expressions fluttered with frustration and something else that I couldn't quite distinguish.

"I picked it because you liked it, it's a gift.", he stated as if I insulted him on a personal level.

"Thank you.", I said sincerely.

"Angie.. where do we go from this?", he asked abruptly.

"From what exactly?"

"You're very personal to me.", Dean explained in a low voice and I could see him smirk hesitantly. I understood that he had quoted me from when I was on drugs.

You're personal. Should change your name to personal.

And even though it wasn't love back then, it was already so intense that I wasn't able to bare it.
Maybe now I was.

"I've never felt that with anyone.", I admitted, fidgeting with the engagement ring and Dean stopped my motion by locking our hands together.

"You know that you can't fix me right?"
I knew he was referring to the things he'd done under Alastairs commands and all those faults he made towards me.

The self loathing coming off him cut me deep because it resembled my own feelings.

And I should've taken his open warning, but my feelings didn't let me. I wanted Dean exactly how he was.

"What makes you think I want to? We're both broken, so what?", I tried being brave and it looked like Dean was reliefed of some kind of weight he had been carrying around. "You're the strongest person I know."

"Angie?"
God, he was so close.
Why did he have to say my name like that?

"Hm?"

"What happens if I told you I was in love with you? Hypothetically?" His voice had a slight tremble to it and he avoided looking at me.
My heart skipped a beat and my mouth went dry.

"I- I'd kiss you. Hypothetically."
I chuckled nervously and deliberately reached for Dean's face.
Unlike our kisses yesterday, this was more passionate, desperate even. No matter how much we did this, it would never be enough.

Hopefully something else would.

"You said you weren't repelled by the whole Alastair-thing, right?", I wanted to set clear one more time.