"What?"

"Lilith is going to break the final seal. Fait accompli, at this point. Trains left the station."
Why would he say that?
Why was Zachariah so sure?

"But Sam and Angie, they can stop-", I started but then I got it. Would the angels, the holy army would have really let 65 seals break if they didn't specifically want it that way?
My insides pulled tight, my panic seized my lungs but I took another deep breath to keep going.
"You don't wanna stop it, do you?"

"Nope. Never did. The end is near, the apocalypse is coming, kiddo... to a theater near you."
I stared at him for a few seconds, disgust weaved through my insides and rolled through my gut.

"What was all that crap about saving seals?", I asked through clenched teeth.
Part of me wanted to end this conversation right now but that wasn't an option.

"Grunts on the ground, we couldn't tell hem the whole truth, we'd have a full-scale rebellion on our hands."

"But why?", I choked out.
Zachariah didn't try to hide his amusement anymore. He was grinning at me, an ugly grin.
"Why not? The apocalypse. Poor name, bad marketing, it puts people off. I like our chances. When our side wins, and we will it's paradise on earth, what's not to like about that?"

"And what happens to all the people during your little pissing contest?"

"Well, can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. In this case, truckloads of eggs but you get the picture.
Look.. it happens. This isn't the first lanetary enema we've delivered."

I never thought Alastair had a right to torture that way. That noone, noone ever deserved that.
But Zachariah-
I wanted him to know what it was like to wound, to inflict such agony on others.
I wanted him to hurt so bad.

The urge to bash his skull on something was overwhelming but I knew that would be pointless. This vessel he was wearing, it wasn't him. Zachariah would just search for a new faithful man, someone desperate for a sign of God and he'd accept to giving his life up.
Someone who thought something good could happen for once.

It was me. I had been someone. Just because the angels got me out of hell...

"What about Sam and Angie? They won't go quietly, they'll stop Lilith.", I reminded Zachariah.

"Oh, they have their part to play. Very important part.
Originally Sam should've stayed on the demon blood path but the nasty nephilim just didn't wanna stay in hell..."

It didn't take me that long to catch on this time, I immediately connected the dots.
"You're the traitor who sabotaged that mission."

"Oh, you know too much. Should've made sure to keep you down there until you were actually needed."
My eyes flashed at that thought.
If I had stayed down in hell a few days longer, I would've turned into someone, something entirely else. And Zachariah just toyed with that thought as if he thought about getting a sandwich today or tomorrow.

"What does that mean??"
I was almost screaming at this point.
I felt so angry, so dumb, so humiliated and those emotions bundled together in the one I presented the best in those kinds of situations: Rage.

"Why do you think I'm confiding in you? You're still vital, Dean. We weren't lying about your destiny. Just omitted a few pertinent details."

Destiny. I hated that word. It made everything seem so inevitable, made us humans into toys.
But I couldn't help myself, I had to ask.

"Then tell me. What's my destiny?"

"Lucifer. You're going to stop Lucifer. And when it's over your rewards will be unimaginable. Peace. Happiness. Two virgins and 70 sluts.
Trust me, one day we'll look back at this and laugh."