chapter twenty-three: dream

hanni pov:

after sharing a few more kisses with minji, which felt absolutely heavenly on my lips, i push her away from me gently, afraid of not being able to stop if i keep kissing her. minji just giggles quietly, embracing me tightly as she lays down on her side.

"hanni?",minji begins after a long, comfortable silence between us, so i just nod, wordlessly telling her to go on, "can i tell you about my dream?",she asks, her eyes anxiously looking around. does she mean the dream i sent to her back then? why now?

"sure, you can tell me anything, min!",i try to say as enthusiastically as i can, trying to hide the fact that i don't want to talk about this at all. minji lets out a cute giggle, taking my hands into her's while doing so. i patiently (or may i say impatiently) wait for minji to tell me all about her dream, how she thinks we're the same person.

"so..it might sound weird but..", minji starts as i listen to how she's always gotten the same dream since the beginning of this school year, which i indeed sent to her, but she never addresses the fact that we might be the same person.

as minji goes on, explaining how she hasn't gotten that same dream after she got closer to me, i widen my eyes, i don't remember assigning that, my dream wasn't supposed to stop. minji then tells me that she got another dream last night, about that same person.

"it was really weird, han, she said: 'minji, save me'.. it's so confusing, but isn't it a coincidence how once i met you i never got that dream again? isn't it a coincidence how you have the same eyes, the same presence?? hanni, your presence was too familiar to that girl in my dreams",minji rambles, my eyes widening after every word she says, she's suspicious of me.

"i- that sounds.. really weird, i'm sure it's just a coincidence..",i mumble out, not wanting her to know anything yet, not yet. i still want some time with minji, i still want to enjoy my time with the four of them. minji just nods slowly, looking as if lost in thought.

minji pov:

i don't know why i felt the strong urge to tell hanni about my dream(s), but it feels good now to have it off my chest. i had thought that i had figured out that they are indeed the same person, i mean, hanni and the girl/angel in my dream(s), it's impossible, i figured.

i look down at hanni's hands intertwined with mine, rubbing my thumb over her's as hanni foolishly smiles at me, her eyes full of love, stars, even. i'm falling too hard for her, too hard to think straight when i'm with her, but i'm glad to have her.

after a while of just staring into each other's eyes, along with sharing a few kisses with the dwarf, ending up in a cuddling position with hanni, hyein wakes up, groggily sitting up on her mattress as she stretches her arms. "good morning, my babies!!", hyein excitedly says, noticing that we're cuddling, so she lays down next to us, hanni's bed conveniently being a queen sized bed so the three of us fit, the youngest one cuddling into hanni sweetly, which makes the three of us burst into giggles.