chapter seventeen: tease

minji pov:

once the bell rings to alarm us that first period is over, i gently nudge hanni and i keep poking her shoulder to wake her up. "you're dismissed, students, enjoy your free period!", our home room teacher cheerfully walks out of the classroom.

right, we have a free period every friday and it also changes every week, meaning the other week we might have our free period in the second period, and the other in the last period, today it's luckily in the second period. "hannii wake upppp!", dani nudges hanni's arm, having walked up behind her now as so have the rest of the friend group.

hanni lets out a hum, "five more minutes, mom..", she mumbles out, loud enough for the four of us to hear, which makes us all burst out into laughter. "hanni, we're not your mom! we have a free period now so you can continue sleeping at our spot but we can't carry you there!",haerin giggles out, ever since the sleepovers started, she's been talking much more.

"huh? what time is it??",hanni quickly lifts her head, making her bump her head into mine, ouch. "hey, hanni! please be more gentle, you almost shattered my skull",i joke, hitting hanni's thigh lightly as she lets out a groan, rubbing the back of her head.

as we both apologize to each other, dani, haerin and hyein decided to take our backpacks and go to our spot first, which was pretty unnecessary but less to carry for us, i guess. "did you have a good nap, pham?", i tease the dwarf, putting my arm around her lovingly. hanni just rolls her eyes, glaring at me. why is she so cute??

hanni pov:

i don't even remember falling asleep in class, but i do know the reason why; i was wide awake last night trying to figure out a way on how to approach the fact that i have to make minji's memories about me come back: "hey minji, i'm actually not a human, i'm a fallen angel and i was your girlfriend in my past life"??? what the heck no, that sounds weird, i figured.

oh well, i think i'm quite red because of how close i was to minji when i bumped my head into her's, hanni you fool. but hey, who wouldn't be head over heels for kim minji?

although, i still don't get why she decided to date me back then. i died either way, which wasn't even her fault as i should've just paid more attention to my surroundings and not argue with minji. past hanni, you're even a bigger fool than you are now.

"uhm hanni? are you okay over there??",minji asks me, holding onto my shoulder which makes me unable to talk or think straight. "uhh sorry, yeah i'm okay, i was just lost in my thoughts",i stutter, which isn't even a lie, but minji just chuckles, that's an okay reaction, i suppose.

"and what were you thinking about, han?",minji teases, knowing that i've been lost in my thoughts a lot ever since we started having regular sleepovers. "just when i can visit my parents..i guess?",i lie, shrugging my shoulders which makes it even less believeable, but minji doesn't seem to mind, luckily.

once we get to our spot, dani and haerin aren't there, it's only hyein, sitting under the tree with one airpod in her ear as she bops her head to the music. "hyein-ahhh! where are dani and haerin?",i poke hyein's side, making her jump slightly as minji and me each sit down next to her. "i have no idea, actually",hyein shrugs, "probably making out", she adds, making the three of us burst into giggles, i'm so happy to have the four of them.