chapter eleven: hint

minji pov:

i wake up in the middle of the night, with a dreading headache as my head pounds. what is this? sitting up, i cradle my head with my hands, hitting my head in an attempt to make the pain stop, unsuccessfully.

so i run to the bathroom, frantically looking for painkillers as my head pounds even more.
after a while of searching for painkillers, i decide to just sit on the bathroom floor, my head feeling as if it might explode.

suddenly, i get an image of hanni in my head, not of her smiling like she usually would, but of her crying, which makes me worry for her. the image looks the same as when i saw hanni crying last night, but somehow, she looked younger.

i don't get it, why is this image of hanni in my head? i've never known her before yesterday, never even saw her, which makes sense since she lived in australia before.

as my head keeps aching and pounding, i start crying, i don't know why, but i know now that yesterday probably wasn't the first time that i've met hanni, why else would i have that image of her in my head??? even after a while of crying, i still have tears streaming down my face, they seem to be endless.

a few minutes later of crying and thinking about hanni and my dream, my brain clicks again. hanni has to be the girl who appears in my dreams, it just makes sense like that. although
i really don't get why she appears in my dream, does it foreshadow something? or maybe it's a memory? but i didn't know hanni until she introduced herself as a new classmate, i've never even seen her around, i don't even know her that well, to think of.

throwing me out of my thoughts, someone knocks on the bathroom door, could be no other than hanni. "come in!",i shout out, quickly wiping the tears away from my face as i stand up and wash my face. "are you okay, min? it's pretty late..",hanni walks up to me, standing beside me as i dry off my face, "you look like you've been crying, are you okay??",she asks me, panic in her eyes.

i nod, smiling at hanni, even though i'm not okay at all. "i'm fine, really, but thanks for asking, i woke up to go to the toilet",i lie, feeling like an asshole to lie to hanni, but she looks thoughtful for a minute, then normal again, looks like she believes me. "okay, i'm glad to hear that then, uhmm shall we get back to sleeping.. or?",hanni suggests, her eyebrows scrunched up.

"yeah, sure, i don't know if i'll be able to fall asleep again, though",i reply, not feeling like sleeping right now. hanni nods, taking my hand as she walks me to my room, shouldn't i be the one to do that? oh well. "that's okay too, i'm not tired either..maybe we can talk?",hanni answers as she sits down on "her" side of my bed, whereas my hand is still intertwined with hers, kind of awkwardly laying between us.

"sure, we can talk about anything, what do you suggest talking about?",i say, still eyeing our intertwined hands, i kind of don't want to let go of her hand.

"i have an idea, we can talk about childhood friends, maybe even about crushes!",hanni cutely says, smiling while she takes my other hand into her right one. i nod, raising my eyebrows, "go on, you can start",i agree, feeling butterflies in my stomach from the way her eyes are all starry while she looks at me,
how can you fall in love with someone after only knowing her for a full day?