chapter one: familiarity

minji pov:

"don't leave me, my han-", i open my eyes by the irrittaing sound of my alarm. it was her again? who is this girl?? whatever, i shrug off, trying to think less of it. as i barely get ready on time, another week of school begins. i look at my phone to check the time, 7:40, perfectly on time to walk to school.

as i arrive at the gate, going to the spot where i usually meet with my friend group, i notice a small figure, quickly catching a glance of her side profile, why does her presence seem so familiar?

i quickly look away again, noticing that my 3 annoying best friends (dani, haerin and hyein, who are the same age as minji) are standing in front of me, when did they get here?? "hello? earth to minji, are you even paying attention to us??",dani, the cheerful one, rather teasingly hits me on my right shoulder, the other two each shooting annoyed glares at me. "ah, sorry i..",
i trail off, desperately trying to find an excuse, failing miserably as my stupid dream occupies my mind once again.

"anyway, minji, whatever's wrong with you today again, please pay attention to your dear best friends, even if it's only for a short period, please!", hyein, the youngest one, but surprisingly also tallest one of us, pleads, turning to me with her signature pout,"so, as i was saying.. i heard we're getting a new student today!! i heard she's also very pretty and she's from australia",hyein excitedly rants, a habit of her's, which i find absolutely adorable.

as the girls collectively let out squeeks of excitement which i don't get, i mean, it's just a new student from australia.. "wait, did you say she's from australia??", i confusedly ask, australia.. where have i heard that? "yes..i did, i think?", hyein slowly nods. "yes you did! i also heard that she's an aussie!! it'd be so cool to finally have another aussie in our class!!!", dani chimes in with her usual cheerful tone.

haerin just nods along, she doesn't really say a lot, but if she does then she'd talk like a waterfall, just like hyein, only that hyein always rants, but i adore that, we adore that.

*bell ringing*

"ah, there goes the bell, let's go girls?",i say, linking arms with my best friends as we begin walking to our homeroom, purposefully walking slowly to talk a bit more with each other, catching up with the three of them. as we arrive to our home room, it's as loud as it usually is, people having moved their chairs to sit with friends, everyone chatting around and making messes.

right when we sit down at our usual seats, our home room teacher arrives in the classroom, standing there with her usual, cheerful, but not too cheerful demeanor.