chapter six: crush

hanni pov:

since we still had some time after eating lunch, the friend group showed me around the school and they also showed me their secret spot at the school, it's near the track field but not too near, it's kind of hidden from outsiders since it's under a tree.

we all sat down under the tree, enjoying the shade as it's a pretty summery, hot day with the sun out. "soo minji, where should we meet up to do the project? it's due next week and i'll be busy the next few days after school..", i turn to minji, who's been staring off into the sky but still looking as pretty as ever.

"oh, right, we can go to mine after afternoon classes! my parents are out of town this week", minji replies, giving me her signature gummy smile, so i nod, sending a smile back at her as the other three coo, making me want to bury myself.

*time skip to after school, about 3:30 pm*

while other students are on their way to go home, to go to after school activities, we said bye to dani and haerin along with hyein, who have to walk into the other direction to go home, meaning that minji has always been walking to school alone.

well now she has me, but since my parents are back in australia, i've been staying with my sister, who's also living in seoul, she knows about everything that happened so i don't have to worry about her.

right after the other three went on their way home, minji suddenly takes my hand, taking me by surprise, but i let her, i don't retract my hand from her since her's is warm and mine isn't. "sorry..is this okay?", she asks me, i nod. "it's more than okay, min, i like it", i reply, feeling my cheeks get red as minji also looks pretty flustered.

minji pov:

when we arrive at my parents' house, i quickly tour hanni around, then i get her something to drink accompanied with going to my room and starting to discuss about the project.

after only a short while, we got to a point were we agreed on three cons and pros each, so we decided to each start writing the essay.

"hanni? how far are you with the essay??", i ask the shorter, who's been quite quiet for some time. when i don't get a reply from her, i lift my head from my essay, only to see hanni fast asleep on her untouched notebook.

she kinda looks really cute while sleeping, i think to myself as i get my phone from my night stand and take a quick photo of her. while she's still sleeping deeply, i drape my blanket over her, admiring her cute sleeping face; the way her lips are slightly parted, letting out soft sounds, the way her hair is slightly messy and the way she felt comfortable enough with me to fall asleep on my bed, so cute. so cute that i felt myself crushing over her after only a day of knowing her.