chapter eight: forgetful

hanni pov:

after eating dinner with minji, which was so so delicious as expected, we just chatted for a bit, just did some small talk and i found out that she still loves reading novels, writing and decorating her diary and also journaling, i always loved watching her do those back then, so i was kinda glad that she still does those things that i adored about her.

as for now, i'm just walking home and i suddenly remember my quest/mission, which i don't want to do at all, but in return for being able to walk on earth again i have to do it. even thinking of having minji break down over my death breaks my heart, i can't do that to minji.

thinking of it even deeper, i don't have to do the mission, i don't have to make minji's memories about me come back. why? because i already broke the condition, to not fall for minji. as you can see, i'm head over heels for minji, just like i was back then, so it's only natural that i'm falling for her again.

when i finally arrive home, i realise that i forgot my key, so i ring the doorbell, hoping that my sister is home. after minutes that felt like hours, i decide to call her. "sis? are you home right now? i forgot my key",i ask her right after she picks up. "oh sorry hanni, i thought you were staying over at minji's so i'm at a club right now..",my older sister quickly replies, shit. "it's fine i'll just stay at minji's then, have fun!", i answer, feeling stupid as i hang up the phone.

minji pov:

as i finally wind down from the day, sitting on my bed while reading a new book i bought a few days ago, i suddenly get a call on my phone, and as much as i want to keep reading my book, i get up from my bed and take my phone from my desk.

"hello? who is it?", i pick up my phone, sounds of feet on concrete floor coming from the other line. "hi minji! it's hanni, i, uh, forgot my key to my house and my sister isn't home.. can i stay at yours for the night? if that's okay?", an exhausted, out of breath voice answers, she's so forgetful that it's really adoring.

"yeah, sure you can stay at mine! i don't mind, really, and my parents are on a business trip for the week either way so some company would be great",i laugh, getting a cute giggle back from the other line, cute. "okay, i'm on my way to yours then!", hanni replies cutely. "alright~ see you in a bit then, han!", i say, getting a hum back from hanni which indicates that i should end the call.

after i end the call, i hurriedly go to my bathroom, preparing a spare toothbrush from the drawer of things for guests, some tooth paste and then i go back to my room, pondering about whether to prepare a pajama for her or if it'd look like i'm too excited to have her stay over.

in the end, i just decided to go with preparing a pajama for her, choosing one that would fit her well, and in secret, is one of my favorites. while i wait for hanni to arrive, i go down to the living room , taking my book with me to pass time and to entertain myself.