chapter twenty-one: lips

minji pov:

after i laid down next to hanni, i immediately wanted to hug her, but i didn't want to disturb hanni's sleep, in fact, none of us were asleep after that. i had heard hanni shuffling around next to me, along with continuous sighs and a bit of sobbing from time to time.

i kind of felt bad, why did i even say that? maybe i was answering to her sobs earlier, maybe i was answering to the girl in my dreams, who might be hanni. actually, it has to be hanni, who else has those eyes? who else's presence is so warm but also comes with confusion and distance? why would she only appear in my dreams after i got really close to her? and why would they share the same words?

while all of these questions run through my head, i notice that the sun is up now, hell i have a lot of questions, unanswerable questions. i quietly turn around to face hanni, who's laying on her back, her eyes wide open as she stares at the ceiling. i softly intertwine our hands, just staring at her as she does too.

"hanni, who are you??",i think to myself, almost spilling out the words as hanni stares back at me with tiredness in her eyes. as i keep staring at hanni, my eyes travelling down to her lips, hanni starts sobbing. oh shit minji, what did you do??

i quietly wipe away hanni's tears, which are continuously falling from her eyes, i don't feel like i should talk, so i just hug her, all while she's still crying. i shush her, to which she grabs my shirt's collar, looking up at me with teary eyes.

"min-",hanni starts, to which i just shush her once more, as i hold onto her, running my unoccupied hand through her soft hair. "it's okay, cry it out, just shhh", i reassure hanni, who holds onto my shirt tighter. after hanni calmed down, i kept holding her, it just felt right in that moment, to hold hanni and never let go.

i comfortingly rub hanni's back, which seems to soothe her as she's now smiling at me, i can't stop falling for this girl. "minji..?",hanni quietly says, her voice almost a whisper. i nod, wordlessly telling her to keep talking with my eyes. suddenly, i feel a pair of soft lips on mine, which quickly and softly peck me, pulling out a short while later as hanni looks at me with teary eyes, that kind of felt really good.

hanni pov:

"i'm sorr-", i try to not cry out, getting disrupted by minji's finger on my bottom lip, softly tracing the outline of my lips, what did i get us into?? "shush",minji whispers out gently, her turn to indicate a kiss now as her lips fit perfectly on mine.

the kiss felt magical, almost unreal, as i notice her kissing skills must have gotten better since the last time i kissed her or maybe she wanted this kiss so bad that her desire and need to kiss me overwhelmed her. suddenly, i feel minji's tongue trying to poke through my mouth, to which i whimper slightly, letting minji in.

after what felt like hours, minji pulls out, her lips shining with saliva as our lips part, i immediately move my hand up to play with my lips, looking up at minji as if i was in a trance. "shit minji, your kisses are so..good", i breathe out, still trying to catch my breath, to which minji gives me her charming eye smile, "yours too", she giggles out quietly, our lips immediately interlocking with each other again.