chapter five: suspicion

minji pov:

after pe, i had history class with dani and hyein, i wasn't really paying attention to history either since i pretty much get an a there too, well i'm stuck between an a and a b there, but that doesn't matter to me anyway.

i'm just deeply thinking about my dream and hanni, you know, i'm starting to think that hanni and the girl in my dreams are the same person. i mean, i never actually saw her face or heard the girl in my dreams but hanni's presence is just so similar to that girl in my dreams; they're both incredibly soft spoken with their actions, they both just give me the same vibes.. and i'm starting to like both of them.

also, one big clue about it is how i always say: "don't leave me, my han-", doesn't han sound similar with saying hanni? it's just really confusing me but i can't really talk about this with anyone else, well i guess i can, but i have the feeling i shouldn't.

"ms kim? are you paying attention to my class?", our history teacher suddenly calls out, standing infront of my desk, getting a chuckle from dani and hyein, who've noticed how sidetracked i've been today again. "uhh, yes, i'm sorry mr han, i'm uhm.. paying attention", i stutter, trying to make it look like i was doing something on my notebook, getting a skeptical nod from my history teacher, who walks away from my desk to check on other students.

*time skip to lunchtime*

"minji! it didn't seem like you were paying attention just now in history", dani teasingly points out, nudging me softly as we walk to the cafeteria. i look at her with a hint of annoyance in my eyes, "yes i wasn't paying attention whatsoever, let's just go get lunch", i reply, wanting to see hanni and feeling hungry, to which dani just shrugs, turning to hyein as we walk to the cafeteria with our arms linked like always.

hanni pov:

finally korean literature class is over, i don't hate it but i also don't like it, it's just really boring but i always used to get okay grades in it, like a b- so i don't mind that. i was just dreading lunchtime like a lot because i'd finally be able to see minji again! her friends too, of course, who are such sweet girls. i was in korean literature class with haerin, who seemed to quite know her stuff in the subject, she seems really smart, like the quiet-smart type.

after a while, we finally walk to the cafeteria (we weren't walking with the other three as our classes were in different buildings) with haerin holding my finger to not lose me as there's tons of students streaming out of their classrooms, hence why the cat like girl is walking in front of me to take up less space.

as we arrive in the cafeteria, minji, dani and hyein were already sitting at a table, probably where they usually sit at, with five plates of food ready on every seat, what a sweet friend group minji has found.

"hanni? i hope you're okay with the food we picked out for you, we just took similar things to haerin since she's the least picky one out of us!", minji indicates right when haerin and me
sit down, her thoughtfulness is melting me..

"oh, yeah! don't worry about me, i could eat anything if i was hungry and there's some of my favorites on the plate, so i appreciate that! thank you girls!!", i reply, smiling at the three of them as we begin eating.

while eating, minji kept glancing over at me with a thoughtful look painted on her face, making her look so so pretty, is there something on my face? "uhh, minji? is there something on my face??",
i ask, looking back at minji with my eyebrows scrunched up and the girls all glancing at me, collectively shaking their heads as minji looks puzzled.

"well not really, but there's prettiness on your face..", minji mumbles quietly, still loud enough for the four of us to hear, to which the girls all coo, making me even more embarrassed as i hide my face with my hands to hide the fact that i'm blushing, kim minji is still the biggest flirt (from minji's pov: mistake four).