Chapter 24

12 k special ❤️ hope you all enjoy!!

//

"F..Faris?", she breathed out shakily.

Faris smiled at her in response, giving her the assurance she needed, telling her he was finally here to save, protect and provide for her. Serina's eyes widened but she didn't smile back. "Faris?", she asked again and this time Faris nodded. Serina didn't smile back, nor did she wear an impressed look on the change of events.

Her eyes held a different kind of emotion... something that was difficult for him to decipher, something very foreign to what he thought he would see. She looked as if, she wasn't expecting him, and now she didn't know what to do with him.. she almost looked... afraid?

Serina instantly snapped her head to the side declining to make eye contact and a frown marred Faris' face. He pinched her chin and forced her to look at him. "Serina, I am here. Here to save you", he whispered. There was a new erupted ruckus behind him, but Faris didn't care, all he cared for was Serina, and he was working on that. "What does that mean?", she looked at him with an impassive look. Faris was bewildered at her reaction. It was juxtaposing what he had originally planned out completely. Suddenly the doors behind her opened and out came a man with a few guards. Faris instantly became alert, not knowing how to react to the situation.

He extracted his gun once again and pointed it at the guards.

"Young man, do not touch her, or your end will not be nice", the man uttered, quite slyly. Faris looked at him confused, what did that mean. Without another thought, Faris pointed his gun at the man who had just addressed him, hoping for some kind of reaction, for some kind of fear, but all he saw was nonchalance. The man was fearless and instead rose his brows in mockery. "I said, do not touch her", he repeated slowly, and his venomous voice enraged Faris even more than when he had seen Serina's reaction. What was wrong with everybody here? "Guards... you know what to do", and the next second two sets of bulky men made their way towards him, and held each of his forearms.

"Leave me.", Faris said loud enough. By now the room had gone quite although some chatter could still be heard. He struggled against their vice grip but their combined strength was inevitably more than his singular. The guards peeled his gun out of his hand, and threw it to the floor. At this point Faris wasn't scared, he was merely confused at the turn of events. He hadn't known them to be so well equipped in their security aspect. It made him delirious. In what world do brothels hold such immaculate security forces? He thought to himself. "Leave me I said", he repeated himself, struggling against them. His baritone voice low yet vibrating across the walls of the hall. The man who had addressed him before chuckled before replying. "How dare you create ruckus on my property? You shall see the end of this, young man", and with that he left. The guards held Faris and were about to leave the room, when suddenly he made eye contact with Serina. She looked at him, eyes wide, and the same expression adorning her face, but maybe the reason was different now.

Or so he hoped.

Without another moment to waste, the guards took him forcefully down some corridors and brought him infront of a secluded room. It was tacky and very old, just from the outside. It had a huge gold lock on it, and the guard opened the lock with his key. Faris quickly made note of what key and from where it was being extracted. The door opened with loud creak, and before Faris knew anything he was pushed inside.

Inside was dimly lit, and he noticed a lady sitting in the corner of the room, disheveled and clear signs of abuse on her body and face. Her hair was a mess and her clothes torn apart. Her head was resting against the wall and her eyes appeared to be closed. Upon the sound of the ruckus she opened her eyes lightly and gave Faris a good look. The guards behind him closed the door shut, and Faris could hear them locking it.