Chapter 15

HE opened the car door for her and she stepped out. Silently stunned by his response and gentleman like behaviour. Needless to say she had even forgotten the fact that they had stopped at a local dhaaba and she needed to question him about it. He sauntered forward towards the indoor dining area, and Serina silently followed him, wrapping his given chador around herself tightly. The wind was cold and she really wasn't enjoying it this time. So contrary to her time in the car.

Grumpily she made her way behind him and inside the restaurant, upon entering she realised Apparently Faris knew everybody there and everybody him.

"Lala kese hain aap?",  a teenage scruffy looking boy with green orbs came up to the both of them, and asked Faris his well being as if they were the best of chums. "Main theek hun chotu tum sunao", Faris pat his back and they made their way to a table. "Sab set hai. Aur ye Bhabi hain?", Chotu asked, glancing at Serina. This made serina's eyes widen and she covered her face further with her duppata. "Nahin chotu. Haan magar ye honey waali Bhabi zaroor hai.", Faris quickly covered up, yet Serina noticed he was most certainly amused with the situation and he was taking full benefit of it. Serina stared at him in shock and he could feel her piercing gaze. "Acha to ye baat hai!"  Chotu looked at Faris mischievously and Serina wanted the ground to open up and eat her. "Aisi koi baat nahin hai! Hamari mangni hui hai. Shadi bhi bus kuch hi Dino main hai! Aainda is tarha inki baat mat karna!", His voice had raised a few pitches and Chotu cowered back in fear. Serina wished to laugh at him but Faris's  lies were still fresh in her mind.

"Sorry lala, ainda se Ehsaas karunga",and he scurried away the next second. Once he was completely out of sight Serina turned towards the man she was growing to despise an awful lot. "Acha! To jhoot bolne main bhi PHD kar rakhi hai aapne", she accused him, her voice an awful lot bitter Than in the car. "Ahmaq larki samjha karo. Agar jhoot na bolta to tumhari ya meri izzat na Bachti", the anger still hadn't worn off, and the Remnants were being taken out on her. "To phir aise kaam hi kyun karte hain, jis se izzat dao par lag jaae?", she complained and he merely looked at her curiously with a quizzical look on his face. After a few moments he called Chotu again dismissing his thoughts, and ordered a few things.

"Tum kuch logi?", he asked her once he'd realised he had ordered for her as well, without asking. "Jee Bhabi, yahan sab kuch hota hai! Pizza burger sab!", Apparently Chotu had a death wish, but not from Faris.... In fact from Serina. After giving him the deadliest of stares Serina shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "Jo aap lenge main wohi kha lungi", she said in a clipped tone and Faris told Chotu to bring everything quickly. "Uss becharey pe ghussa nikalne ki Kya zaroorat thi?", Faris sat back in his chair rolling up his cuffs to his elbows.

"Acha aap kar sakte hain. Main naheen?", she asked him when suddenly her eyes went to his fore arm. A huge fresh cut, sliced it's way across painted onto his arm. It was healing but looked no older than a day or two. "Ye Kya hua?", she required without another thought. Faris followed her gaze not realising what she was implying towards and once he saw, he dismissed her. "Kuch nahin. Haan to Kya keh raha tha main? Haan, uss becharey ko to wuhi pata hoga no jo hamne bataya hai!", he changed the subject so smoothly but Serina didn't find it smooth at all. She found it disturbing. How unaffected he was that a big cut was on display and quite clearly evidence of a knife crime yet he sat there, relaxed and not even the slightest bit in pain. "Baat ko na palten. Ye kisne kiya hai?", she got up from her seat and took the one  closer to him. She reached for his arm and started to inspect it. The cut was deep and it looked as if it could cut flesh into two. "Ye kese hua?", Faris was now looking at her from a very close distance. Oh how obliviously was she making him so nervous and jittery with her innocent seductive ways. Her mere closeness was causing the heart in his chest to pump Loudly.

"Tum itne sawaal kyun karti ho?", he asked her, his voice laced with admiration unknown to the one sat before him, yet still sat there letting her inspect his wound patiently. He liked the feel of her soft fingers against his rough arm. She was tracing the cut now like it was a piece of art. "Kyunke mujhe acha lagta hai", she deadpanned, whilst looking at him with disbelief. "Agar koi shareef banda itna bara cut dekhega to zaroor poochega ke Kya hua, kese hua?", she left his arm now and sat back in her chair. He didn't like the way she let go and went so far away. He yearned for her closeness.